General Sei EPS Problems.....help!!!!

Currently reading:
General Sei EPS Problems.....help!!!!

1stFiat

Just become the proud owner of a little fiat and after a few repair jobs (CAM BELT!!) I put her in for an MOT and it failed on the power steering! :bang:

Does ne1 know of any common problems with the EPS?

It steers left easliy, almost by its self but is heavy to the right.

Thanx

Gaz

Last edited:
It steers to the right on its own when on a ramps turn plate but is heavy to the left, but its not got a light on the dash.

Gaz:bang:

I think the sensors are built into the motor assembly so new motor probably or ecu controller. would be hard to tell which without diagnostics and swopping components.

I've disconnected the wiring but it won't pass the MOT without it, or so i've been told. I do believe the sensors are within the motor mounted on the column. Hope gonna get the diagnostic kit on it tommorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else had ever heard of the problem.

Gaz

may be easier/cheaper to disable or replace for non PAS?

Disable to get it passed the MOT at least.

Kristian

Yep! Pull the fuse. I think it's behind the battery.
The motors come complete with column and are big bucks new. I'd start searching scrappies for a column as these tend to be the fault. Steal ..Sorry obtain the ecu whilst your there to be shure.

Thanks for the bad news!!!! :bang:

I might have a look around and see if any one reconditions them.

Gaz

There is a chance the brushes are gone but you would have to try and strip it down to find out. Look in the clasifieds as there are some seicento's breaking ref dave and try ebay.

Morning chaps! Completely forgot I have a mate who works for a fiat dealership so i'm gonna pop in there today, I'll let you know what they say.

Hoping for a cheap fix! (y)

Gaz

Hope gonna get the diagnostic kit on it tommorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else had ever heard of the problem.

Nope does not occur often on a sei, the puntos they have had a problem with PAS components/steering components in the past though.

Extreme rarity, hope you get the quick fix you hope for, although with any steering component, be expected to perhaps shell out however as the steering is one of the most important things (y)

Back