Technical Sei - Adjust wiper speed

Currently reading:
Technical Sei - Adjust wiper speed

cojones

I find the "slow" speed of the wipers to be way too fast - with a gentle rain it's a pain in the arse. What I mean is that they wipe way too frequently

Is there any way of modifying this? I'd like to modify this to say 1 wipe every 5 seconds.

I'd like to do something similar for the rear wiper as well.

No not really, let more rain land on the windows and just press one click rather than have it on a setting

I've not tried this myself on the Cento yet, but with the astra I swapped the wiper relay for a VW programmable one. Straight swap.

Flick the wiper on, then leave it off for the desired length then flick it on again and it has that delay.

Not sure on the fiat, and normal relays are aren't programmable. Its just a series of switches.
A relay should be about £15. Not a big deal to waste if it doesn't fit. You can always extend the normal relay wires to the new relay.
Something I've been thinking about as the 2 speed wipers annoy me.

Get the windscreen clean as poss and polish it or rain-x it so the water repels, that's what I done most of the time and done the intermittent or one click.

Liam

I believe the MPI model has 3 speeds on the stalk, someone to confirm?

If yes, we can maybe replace the stalk and the relay?

Fook me how did i miss that :eek:

I believe it has 3 speeds from memory, wheres kritip or ronnie or any other MPI flag flyers when you need them

I believe the MPI model has 3 speeds on the stalk, someone to confirm?

If yes, we can maybe replace the stalk and the relay?

Inter, on, fast.
No relay used.
There is an electronic control device on the motor, so you need the motor and then you may not have all the wiring from the motor to the stalk

Last edited:
Back