General Seats and trim removal to get carpet out

Currently reading:
General Seats and trim removal to get carpet out

Harry Carry

Hi, I’m about to “attempt” to remove the carpet from my 2014 panda pop due to milk spillage and resulting stench!
Help please on bolt location for seats and advice on trim removal greatly appreciated. I know the console has screws in the cup holders and I need to disconnect the battery. Any other helpful hits would be great, thank you.

Oh dear - not nice.

I fear this will become a very big job, as (I think) the carpet goes underneath all the centre console (including around the heater box), and also all the wiring for the airbags etc that are in that area.

You might take a look at the various diagrams on this site that might help. Note - each drawing can be enlarged further by right-clicking on them and choosing 'open image in new tab' - they open much bigger.

https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/diagrams/705/33/0/0/CC0.9/CMBBZ/GDX/internal-trim - and specifically this one https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/705/21/10/1/33/0/0/CC0.9/CMBBZ/GDX/passenger-side-mats

The seat fixings are covered in this page: https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/diagrams/706/33/0/0/CC0.9/CMBBZ/GDX/seats

Last edited:
I recently stripped the seats carpet and trim from my truck so I could weld up a hole in the floor .....If you can get the car in side and get it warm ..the plastic trim and the clips that hold it will be much easier to remove if its softer ....I parked the truck in direct sunlight for a day before starting ....

Harry Carry Having looked at the diagrams (I mentioned on my previous post), the 'carpet' is in fact one complete tray and will be a nightmare to remove. I think my first approach would be to leave it in situ and use a Vax-type carpet washer with the small 'upholstery' nozzle to clean as much as possible. So long as it's not drained through to under the carpet, this should be enough. The whole thing is basically one big 'tray' and is plastic-backed so liquid shouldn't go through it. At the edges nearest the doors, you'll need to pull away the plastic trim on the inner sill to reach the 'upstaged' of carpet behind it.

Last edited:
Update

The carpet is out and has been de odourised and is currently hanging on the line to dry off ?
My son helped and we did cheat a bit by cutting the bits under the centre console....which won’t be been when that’s reinstalled.......and we were able to pull the carpet backwards and out....after removing the seats of course.

It’s such a relief to get this done. The spillage took place just before Christmas and I was lucky to get a local valeter to wash it right away but it’s winter and it was dark and the carpet never really got dried out since then. The smell has just got worse and worse. I should know tomorrow if the treatment has worked and it’s odour free.

Thank you all for the input. It’s not as difficult a job as I thought and I’m delighted to get it done in the two day window of good weather that’s forecast. Hopefully the refit will go as smoothly.

Thanks again (y)

Yes it soaked through unfortunately. I’ve taken the sound deadening out and it got power washed also. It was glued to the back of the carpet rather than the floor so that was easy. I’ll glue it back on when everything is dry. I’ve now put it all in the airing cupboard so I’ll know when I open the door if the washing has worked.....ie.... no odour!!

Thanks again for your help x

Back