Technical Seat sensor problem

Currently reading:
Technical Seat sensor problem

Kaydeyv

I have never used a forum before.

I have had my Fiat Ducato converted to a motorhome. I had the swivel seats reupholstered at Trimtech in Sandbach, Cheshire. Super job, he said with slight adjustments they fitted most vans. They are Ford Galaxy seats.
The person who fitted the seats, Mark Warrior, Motorhome converter tells me they need a plug. That is available on Ebay. This apparently switches from seat belt signal ,to persons weight in the seat signal to activate the airbag.
I hope this makes sense to someone. He normally has the original seats recovered. So does not have this issue.

The original seats will have seat belt pre tensioners fitted and if you remove them the airbag warning light will stay on, it is possible to buy a bypass resister to fool the system into thinking they are still connected. I would have expected the converter to have done this if you have paid for them to be fitted. Obviously you will lose the safety benefits of the pre tensioner system.

The original seats will have seat belt pre tensioners fitted and if you remove them the airbag warning light will stay on, it is possible to buy a bypass resister to fool the system into thinking they are still connected. I would have expected the converter to have done this if you have paid for them to be fitted. Obviously you will lose the safety benefits of the pre tensioner system.
I agree with Philblack, the person you paid for the conversion should supply it fit for use. Whatever safety systems were fitted to the Van from new must be working to meet safety requirements for that model and age, to comply with your insurance and most important you and your passengers safety. Do you still have the original seats and systems I don't know what age yours is, late vehicles have side airbags, seat pressure sensors and the seat belt pretensioner systems, even if you were able to swap some of the plugs different vehicles use different value resisters for the airbag computer to recognise. eBay modules that disable safety systems to put warning lights out won't help you as you fly through the windscreen.
After disturbing the seats and refitting even as original they sometimes need a "proxi alignment" with a diagnostic program such as multiscan to tell the airbag module to recognise it.
Even that doesn't always work, I fitted a new passenger seat weight sensor on a Punto Evo to replace one the previous owner had tried to repair and still had to fit a new airbag ecu and then run the "proxi alignment " program again and afterwards delete the old error codes.

I agree with Philblack, the person you paid for the conversion should supply it fit for use. Whatever safety systems were fitted to the Van from new must be working to meet safety requirements for that model and age, to comply with your insurance and most important you and your passengers safety. Do you still have the original seats and systems I don't know what age yours is, late vehicles have side airbags, seat pressure sensors and the seat belt pretensioner systems, even if you were able to swap some of the plugs different vehicles use different value resisters for the airbag computer to recognise. eBay modules that disable safety systems to put warning lights out won't help you as you fly through the windscreen.
After disturbing the seats and refitting even as original they sometimes need a "proxi alignment" with a diagnostic program such as multiscan to tell the airbag module to recognise it.
Even that doesn't always work, I fitted a new passenger seat weight sensor on a Punto Evo to replace one the previous owner had tried to repair and still had to fit a new airbag ecu and then run the "proxi alignment " program again and afterwards delete the old error codes.
Thank you both for that.

Back