Technical Fault code p0238 boost sensor.

Currently reading:
Technical Fault code p0238 boost sensor.

Dave Tring

I have a 2015 2.3 150 x290 maxi ducato motorhome a continued problem with code p0238 A circuit high. On previous advice from the original brakedown and code read by the AA man who was very informative and through. I have changed this sensor twice now both lasted approximately two to three thousand miles and I have the same problem eml limp mode and on reading the the code with my Autel reader P0238 circuit A high
appears. This always seems to happen when I have been driving two or three miles from cold and under load uphill. When this happens I stop and delete the code and all is ok maybe for 3 or 4 hundred miles.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? I don’t really want to throw money at Fiat dealers because I have no confidence in them from past experience.
Advice please.
Regards.Dave Tring.

I have same problem with 2010 2.3 multi -jet ! Changed cam sensor , wiring loom checked, new cam belt & timing checked & ecu tested and ok .Still cam sensor fault & goes into limp mode ! HELP 😅

I have same problem with 2010 2.3 multi -jet ! Changed cam sensor , wiring loom checked, new cam belt & timing checked & ecu tested and ok .Still cam sensor fault & goes into limp mode ! HELP 😅
Hi my problem is with turbo boost sensor on a later engine model, 2015 onwards (x290)
But if I come across a solution I will post it on here , it could be the same simple fix you never know. Have you added a new second earth strap from the engine or gearbox to the chassis? This can fix a lot of stupid problems.
Dave Tring.🤞👍

First things first With multiecuscan you can do a lot more than just read error codes.
as well as above test i would do a a "wide open throttle pull" test from a warm engine live data read "boost pressure" and "desired boost pressure" and RPM. then create a graph.(also actual, desired turbo position) if you want get the raw data publish here and i will look at the data.
to do test
1 warm up engine
2 get a nice empty road and accelarate rapidly
3 in 3rd gear full throttle accelaration until max (sensible revs) (or 2nd if cant find a suitable road)
4 foot off until revs idle then repeat.

Back