Technical Scuttle drain

Currently reading:
Technical Scuttle drain

Always having to clean these out (once every 3 months, due to having silver birch trees) however once a year take the duck bills out completely and clean them separately (remove wiper arms and scuttle to gain access and prepare to scrape and rub your arms red doing it but best for shifting the gunk)

while there out

I would cut about 2mm off with a pair of scissors. But its up to you.

help to flow better and keeps the slim and sticky residue from trees blocking them up

unfortunately you will still need to clear the leaves

while there out

I would cut about 2mm off with a pair of scissors. But its up to you.

help to flow better and keeps the slim and sticky residue from trees blocking them up

unfortunately you will still need to clear the leaves
It's quite OK thanks I have flexed them more open at the front with a gentle application of heat and a screw driver (not recommending anyone do this as its easy to do it wrong and either melt the plastic char it or snap it) as before it was nearly every month they needed to be cleaned out

I accidentally pushed one of my duck bills out. Its old and stiff so could not get it back into place without dismantling the wipers, etc, etc, so just left it sitting there until I bought replacements. Of course it got forgotten and been there for over a year. There has never been a problem with gunk, leaks or engine smells.

I accidentally pushed one of my duck bills out. Its old and stiff so could not get it back into place without dismantling the wipers, etc, etc, so just left it sitting there until I bought replacements. Of course it got forgotten and been there for over a year. There has never been a problem with gunk, leaks or engine smells.
Me too. same outcome, ie no smells, no flooding. It just sits there, in it's hole but not actually fixed in place.

It's a shame Fiat did not fit a wide hose (down to the car floor level) from the duckbill. Then you could simply wash it out with a garden hose every now and again. To be fair, every penny does count.

Back