General scudo 2.0jtd

Currently reading:
General scudo 2.0jtd

r masters

Established member
hello have a constant noise from inside diesel tank pulled connector apart and it stopped connected again and humming noise starts again this is draining battery overnight any help cheers

There is a lift pump inside the tank which is obviously not cutting out as it should. As long as there are no other problems ie splilling out diesel etc I would probably just find which fuse the pump runs through and change it to a swiched live through the ignition. Doing this may mean you have to turn on ignition and wait about 30 secs before starting the van to allow the fuel pressure to build up within the system but I dont think it would cause any further problems.

There is a lift pump inside the tank which is obviously not cutting out as it should. As long as there are no other problems ie splilling out diesel etc I would probably just find which fuse the pump runs through and change it to a swiched live through the ignition. Doing this may mean you have to turn on ignition and wait about 30 secs before starting the van to allow the fuel pressure to build up within the system but I dont think it would cause any further problems.[/QUtOTE]thanks is that auto electrics job or is it easy to do cheers rob

best done by someone who is confident with auto electrics as there may be more than just that pump going throught the same fuse. the cowboy way would be to find the wire feeding the pump, cut it and run a wire into the cab of the van then fit a switch. doing that means you would have to switch it on before starting the van and switch it off at the end of the journey. Its a bit rough doing it this way but the outcome would be the same.

best done by someone who is confident with auto electrics as there may be more than just that pump going throught the same fuse. the cowboy way would be to find the wire feeding the pump, cut it and run a wire into the cab of the van then fit a switch. doing that means you would have to switch it on before starting the van and switch it off at the end of the journey. Its a bit rough doing it this way but the outcome would be the same.
cheers will fit switch for now then get it sorted later saves having to disconnect battery all the time thanks again

Back