Barchetta Saying hello

Currently reading:
Barchetta Saying hello

Blaqui

Good morning all,
My name is Antonio, I have got a 1998 Silver Barchetta one week ago that has been sit for over 7 years, so looking forward to hang around in the forum and get the Barchetta running smoothly again.
See you around.

LeftyGreg

Unintentional Barchetta Owner
Good morning all,
My name is Antonio, I have got a 1998 Silver Barchetta one week ago that has been sit for over 7 years, so looking forward to hang around in the forum and get the Barchetta running smoothly again.
See you around.
I know where you are coming from, mine had been in storage for over 10 years before I got it

welcome to the forum

OP
OP
Blaqui

Blaqui

I know where you are coming from, mine had been in storage for over 10 years before I got it

welcome to the forum
Thank you, I hope it will not be very tough..., so far I have asked a quotation to replace cambelt kit , water pump and full service at FIAT garage and very surprised by the labour hour price given, 132 pounds.:eek:

LeftyGreg

Thank you, I hope it will not be very tough..., so far I have asked a quotation to replace cambelt kit , water pump and full service at FIAT garage and very surprised by the labour hour price given, 132 pounds.:eek:
I did all the work myself other than welding a crack in the s/s exhaust

you are definitely in the right area, the cam belt was the first thing I did, once I knew the engine would run. The brakes were next with new discs and pads all round

you can read my story here https://www.fiatforum.com/garage/leftys-b-progress-topic.4090/

LeftyGreg

thank you

that is the price for one hour, of a total of 5.7 hours for the cambelt and full service
Wow, glad I did mine and saved a lot of cash

i spent about £2k on parts and tools to get mine on the road. Needed the tools as I hadn’t worked on any cars for about 30 years!

Main dealer prices can be absolutely "terrifying". A rough average for the reliable independent garages around us here would be in the £60 per hour region and that includes one which specializes in Fiats. Any forum members in the Ilchester area who can recommend a trusted indy to this chap?

OP
OP
Blaqui

Blaqui

Main dealer prices can be absolutely "terrifying". A rough average for the reliable independent garages around us here would be in the £60 per hour region and that includes one which specializes in Fiats. Any forum members in the Ilchester area who can recommend a trusted indy to this chap?
Thank you so much, I am on it already, i will keep you posted about this