South Central Saturday 7th Oct0ber 2017 - Final Italian Car Breakfast Meet of 2017

Currently reading:
South Central Saturday 7th Oct0ber 2017 - Final Italian Car Breakfast Meet of 2017

Saturday 7th Oct0ber 2017 - Final Italian Car Breakfast Meet of 2017
Posted by solaris9988
The Departure Lounge Cafe
Saturday, October 7, 2017 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 7, 2017 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
We were there last Sunday for a classic car meet. It was raining and some of the field was too waterlogged to park on but there was still more than enough room for the forty to fifty cars that attended. In the height of the summer that field can be overflowing with two hundred and fifty cars attending so the owner does a great job of keeping it usable. As a result nobody had a problem leaving under their own steam.

250... is the cafe a little crowded then..??

Oh yes. They normally have a second counter open outside which operates a lot quicker than the indoor one because they serve instant coffee, bacon rolls, chips etc, but if you really must have a full English with filtered coffee then you will just have to join the que inside. The classic car shows are in the afternoon so not many breakfasts sold but you could still wait for half an hour to get served on a busy day. I can't see this being an issue on Saturday with numbers expected.

I think there was over 50 cars.
From a classic Panda, to Maserati and Ferrari.
Memorable, for me.
A couple of Barchettas, both orange, strangely, not the same shade as my Panda.
A bright yellow new Panda.
A few new Alfa Guilias.
A sixties Lancia Flaminia (I think)
A very nice LHD 131 Supermirafiori.

A prat in a 500 595 who had to make noise on the way into the field, as if we should all be impressed.

Went to the meeting point at Newbury. Met with a nice couple with a Stilo, who'd travelled from near Malvern.
Head gone empty, can't remember their names. If they'd like to email or PM me, we can arrange a meet for some diagnostics on their airbags.

Apparently there was a guy there in an Alfa, but didn't make himself known to us, so then travelled on separately. I think I remember him sitting in the middle of the car park, surrounded by normal customers. Now, a man sat in an Alfa in a McDonald's car park is not necessarily waiting for others to join him. Whereas my car is a little more obvious, and the eye contact between me and the Stilo begged an introduction.
Perhaps a better meet might be Tesco, across the road from McDonald's, far side, under the hedge, near the 'Click & Collect'. Not a busy spot until late evening usually, and therefore obvious who to speak to when we don't know each other.

Thanks to those who came, and despite the bad forecast it was mostly dry until it it was time to leave.

We smashed the previous record, with 90 cars in attendance- brilliant variety, and very nice to see a lot more Fiats. If it had been a better forecast I think we would have broken the 100 mark easily.

Our friendly blogger has made another video, which you can see here...

[ame]https://youtu.be/HGN3Pk8e1TA[/ame]

Really hope to see you all again in April when we re-start for next year.

Best,
Ross

Gutted I missed this - was so pumped for it haha!

The For the Drive lads have got some good stuff on their Instagram - probably more photos incoming.

Back