General Sad day..

Currently reading:
General Sad day..

After 5 years in our care, our lovely Panda went to its new home today :cry:.

We got up early (well, early for us at a weekend) and gave it a good clean inside and out for its new owner. It really doesn't scrub up too badly at all for an 18 year old car..

Panda_small2.jpg

Then it was off on its last trip, fortunately the new owner lives just down the road so we hope we will still see it around. I've also made him promise that I get first refusal if he ever decides to sell, but I can see him keeping it for a while as he is a Panda nut and has been on at me to sell it to him for the last 3/4 years. So it's gone to a good home, although I will admit I still had a bit of a lump in my throat as I watched my wife driving it (in the rear view mirror) when we went to deliver it.

So then it was back home, sort insurance etc. for the new car and off on the train to collect it. Got picked up from the station by the sales guy (bought it from a Ford main dealer who had taken it in PX), got the payment squared away and off I went. So here's the new kid on the block..

100hp8.jpg

The drive home was mostly on the motorway so didn't really get much a chance to explore its character, but it seems to be quite happy buzzing along in lane 3 and shall we say "keeping up with the traffic", which, bless its heart, couldn't be said of the old one - lane 3 was strange and (frankly) alien territory :eek:. The 100HP is a bit bouncy but seems comfortable enough and is pleasantly quiet at speed..

So, the changes have been rung. It will take a while to acclimatise to the new car and I will always miss the old one, but who knows - one day it might be back on the drive..

I will still be hanging around in classic section so take care people and see you soon.

Cheers,

Plug

Hi Garry,

Pleased to hear the old Panda found a good home (y). Is the new owner going to introduce himself on here?

He knows FF, but I don't think he's particularly computer orientated. Some of you may have met him before - he attended a Gaydon meet a couple of years back when he had his last Panda.

Cheers,

Plug

Back