General Roofrack for the 500e

Currently reading:
General Roofrack for the 500e

Mads Gorm

I have been looking to see if you can fit a Roofrack on a 500e - and I can't find a picture of a 500e with a Roofrack. Which leads me to believe, that it is either very difficult or impossible to install Roofracks on the 500e. Anyone who knows if it is possible, and has examples of people doing that?

Thanks in advance for you help

I mean what I said. The car has mounts but no one makes a rack that fits them.
Ohh - that's amazing - well then at least there is hope for someone making some roofers that fit at some point. You would not happen to have some pictures of the mounts?

Page 72 of the manual 😊

Screenshot_20230529_115830_OneDrive.jpg

How strange is that - how come no-one is making roof racks for the car then! And thanks for you very polite reply, and for providing picture from the manual.

Perhaps because the sales aren't high enough yet? So not enough demand...
Yes - but for the Fiat Panda - Fiat is making to different kinds of original Fiat Cross bars - and there is plenty of unoriginals to choose from. So one would think, that for their new electric car someone would make one.

I've run lately on an article on the internet saying that electric cars producers do not allow bike racks on their vehicles. And the reason was air resistance causing a severe drop of the range :) Even simple boxes cause air resistance. Perhaps that's the main reason there are not many companies producing base roof racks.

There is a Polish company producing roof racks and accessories. They are also a reseller of other more or less known brands.

On their website I found a set that should suit a 2022 Fiat 500e, which is produced by a French company Green Valley. But on their original website the 500e isn't mentioned.

You could contact Taurus to confirm.

Another possibility for the lack of fiat roof bars, is the car being designs under FCA and then launched around the time of the stellantis merge, therefore once the new company formed they had other priorities at that moment than designing/launching a roof bar for the 500e especially not knowing if the car was going to sell well.

Over the last few years fiat have not had a great track record on sales of newly launched models.

Back