Technical Rolling road results... bit dissapointed...

Currently reading:
Technical Rolling road results... bit dissapointed...

There is no spike - power delivery is very smooth accross the rev range.
When you had your car mapped did they modify your map or give you a stock map?

you're right, it holds the power nicely.... right accross the rev range

this is cool, because its a direct comparison between maps, and proves different tuners don't just use the same generic map...

yours is 20.1bhp more than mine
mine is 26.9lbs/ft more than yours....

I wonder how that would translate on the road! lol....

(we'll have to get together, and drive each others cars! ;) )

they didn't work my car on the rollers, I got the same map the other five people got that day ;)

Do agree power pulls nice and smooth i bet this makes for a nice drive, and holds it over 150bhp for a long time, that torque looks like its at 45 degrees from tick over too, the more i look the more i would choose this map over Sharkys one, sorry Sharky but then again i know jack s++t Alan.

Do agree power pulls nice and smooth i bet this makes for a nice drive, and holds it over 150bhp for a long time, that torque looks like its at 45 degrees from tick over too, the more i look the more i would choose this map over Sharkys one, sorry Sharky but then again i know jack s++t Alan.

thats perfectly fair enough, looking at that I would probably choose his map over mine... lol!

this is cool, because its a direct comparison between maps, and proves different tuners don't just use the same generic map...

they didn't work my car on the rollers, I got the same map the other five people got that day ;)

Yeah the maps are very different - that is because they built mine to suit my driving style. I was offered many different types and was even asked if i wanted to change the response of the accellorator, because it is electronic they can almost make it like an on off switch, however i decided against that as i wanted the car to be smooth. The best bit is that my fuel ecconomy has improved by 4mpg - may not sound alot but is very good really considering all that extra power.
I would say your map looks ok and i wouldn't get too hung up on numbers the fact is your car is probably much better than before.

Yeah the maps are very different - that is because they built mine to suit my driving style. I was offered many different types and was even asked if i wanted to change the response of the accellorator, because it is electronic they can almost make it like an on off switch, however i decided against that as i wanted the car to be smooth. The best bit is that my fuel ecconomy has improved by 4mpg - may not sound alot but is very good really considering all that extra power.
I would say your map looks ok and i wouldn't get too hung up on numbers the fact is your car is probably much better than before.

You say they could tailor the way the car responded to input from the gas pedal, as me and Sharky are in the same Daft job that may be of interest to us both we need smooth progresive power, i will be in contact with Red-Dot and see what they say also great fun on web-site nice Skyline Alan.( Dont forget your Wellies if going to see Shaun)

Last edited:
You say they could tailor the way the car responded to input from the gas pedal, as me and Sharky are in the same Daft job that may be of interest to us both we need smooth progresive power, i will be in contact with Red-Dot and see what they say also great fun on web-site nice Skyline Alan.

I really wouldn't want the accelerator response changed.....

the fabia vRS I had was a sharp throttle response, and the learners struggled to drive it smoothly, because it was either full power or nothing....

they can drive the fiat alot smoother, as the throttle is so much more progressive.....

when I had the skoda, the guys at JBS were trying to get me to go for a CustomCode map to suit the job.... they could remove the big hit of torque and power at 2k, and make it more economical,(and smoother for the learners) then give a big power up betweem 3 and 5 k for when I wanted to go quick.... would have been ideal, but I couldn;t afford it at the time :(

Ive been looking at both graphs for a while ans must say they quite different...sharkys has a whole lot more torque right from 1750 rpms and holds it till pretty much 2750, shauns only hit peak torque for a short time before tailing off...im really impressed with the BHP though of the red dot map....all we need now is the torque of angel tuning and bhp of red dot ha...it could even sound like a petrol vs diesel thread this with bhp vs torque ha !

Sharky do angel offer a unique map to your requirement then ?

Ive been looking at both graphs for a while ans must say they quite different...sharkys has a whole lot more torque right from 1750 rpms and holds it till pretty much 2750, shauns only hit peak torque for a short time before tailing off...im really impressed with the BHP though of the red dot map....all we need now is the torque of angel tuning and bhp of red dot ha...it could even sound like a petrol vs diesel thread this with bhp vs torque ha !

Sharky do angel offer a unique map to your requirement then ?

on the road, I would guess the more torque would make for an easier drive, with more 'go' available more of the time, (Much like a petrol vs diesel argument! lol..)

but the more power, would mean it could be ultimately faster when driven in a focused way.....

wish I could drive them both! lol....

I didn't ask angel about a cutom map (it was JBS who do custom code in chesterfield that offered me the custom 'tailered' map...) but these are always more expensive.... i went for a 'standard' map, just for convienience, and to save money.....

I had mine mapped at red dot raceing on their rolling road.
Special offer price of 200 quid all in and instant results to see 174 bhp.
I have had previous cars done at the side of the road and been happy with the results but have to say rolling road is the way to go.

A big thumbs up to Red Dot (y)

I'll second that shaun.

My red dot map was RR'd before and after (the results are in my sig)

As far as I'm concerned red dot are the best and before I get any backlash I will say only this, (taken from the red dot day I attended.)

Stilo abarth 170bhp standard - Good breathing mods and a remap from another company, RR'd at 154bhp.

Stilo JTD - RR'd at figures ALOT lower than quoted by other remap companies.

Red dot remaps RR'd by a third party proved very similar figures to red dots RR

true... I could get CC done tuned on the rollers,then it would be optimised well, but we'd be talking £400-500, and the angel map (with the group buy) was £250..... so just depends on what you're willing to spend I suppose....

We will do it on the next rr day for £200 with rr before and after.

The quoted 154bhp on the Abarth on the day actually was 159bhp.

Oldschool;1267371 The quoted 154bhp on the Abarth on the day actually was 159bhp.[/quote said:
Yeah and that was after the map was put on by angel :D

I expect more from you on the professional front!

Well, likewise. Maybe you could tell us what your agenda is!?! After all you oposing all the time fact and that puts people's back up.

Your argument that the particular car was spot on, was the first car they ever mapped this way. How can they predict it without rr results before and after. Maybe I am looking it but I am not 18. I spend a lot of time on rolling roads and have done so with manufacturers. I am working with Red Dot on the mapping side longer than the other company mentioned does exist. The aren't competition to us as we supply our products worldwide and we do develop and sell not just sell.

Well, likewise. Maybe you could tell us what your agenda is!?! After all you oposing all the time fact and that puts people's back up.

Your argument that the particular car was spot on, was the first car they ever mapped this way. How can they predict it without rr results before and after. Maybe I am looking it but I am not 18. I spend a lot of time on rolling roads and have done so with manufacturers. I am working with Red Dot on the mapping side longer than the other company mentioned does exist. The aren't competition to us as we supply our products worldwide and we do develop and sell not just sell.

Stick to the point Peter. As for agenda, let'e see. I have none. If I remember right I was one of the most helpful blokes on the rolling road day getting stuck in helping all of YOUR customers with YOUR products on the freezing cold winter day. I had more tools than you did if you remember. I am not in the tuning business than god and I would have expected you to hold off dissing other tuning companies on a public forum. It's your reputation here not mine so do what you will. I have absolutely no loyalty to any tuning company but the comments posted on here by so called experts brings this forum into disrepute. It's this forum that's likely to suffer and that's unacceptable.

Stick to the point Peter. As for agenda, let'e see. I have none. If I remember right I was one of the most helpful blokes on the rolling road day getting stuck in helping all of YOUR customers with YOUR products on the freezing cold winter day. I had more tools than you did if you remember. I am not in the tuning business than god and I would have expected you to hold off dissing other tuning companies on a public forum. It's your reputation here not mine so do what you will. I have absolutely no loyalty to any tuning company but the comments posted on here by so called experts brings this forum into disrepute. It's this forum that's likely to suffer and that's unacceptable.

The problem actually is that the company has claimed figures that aren't accurate, which could involve trading standards. Just because they hit it once right, doesn't mean anything. I personally do not like to make quotes as it is often very difficult to maintain these figures due to variations. If a certain figure is quoted then it has to represent the truth. This is obviously not the case. If the give a moderate improvement figure than this is okay. But funnily three people came with the same sort of claim as customers on one model and one of them was down by over 30bhp. I think the forum should stand up for it and force such companies to give more accurate figures.

And this goes for me too. If I am talking crap about my claims then pul me up. This is what the knoweldgeable members owe the forum.

The problem actually is that the company has claimed figures that aren't accurate, which could involve trading standards. Just because they hit it once right, doesn't mean anything. I personally do not like to make quotes as it is often very difficult to maintain these figures due to variations. If a certain figure is quoted then it has to represent the truth. This is obviously not the case. If the give a moderate improvement figure than this is okay. But funnily three people came with the same sort of claim as customers on one model and one of them was down by over 30bhp. I think the forum should stand up for it and force such companies to give more accurate figures.

And this goes for me too. If I am talking crap about my claims then pul me up. This is what the knoweldgeable members owe the forum.

OK, If they give a false claim then I agree shop them. However, have you seen a written statement from them (or any other for that matter) giving such guarantees? I haven't and their website is quite specific in that they will not committ to such figures. They never said to me that I would get any particular figure, not even ballpark so I cannot be included in the comparisons. I have seen your work Pete and have come accross many comments in the industry (not FiatForum) as to your capabilities and dare I say it your skills are legendary which is why it concerns me so much that you and your company name is getting caught up in this mess.

I suffer a lot of abuse for standing up for other people. I certainly need to make money but I was brought up to stand up for the truth and not to let people get away with making false claims or accusations. This is why I end up in trouble. I do not care whether it has some negative implications. A number of the companies who sarted after me and partly on my advertising grew bigger than mine, but do not exist anymore. Eventually people will find out anyway. But why should I let them be misled? I don't like to tell people that I could have told them. I rather tell them before. But that's me.

Sorry, but I can't help it being a stubborn Bavarian ba***rd.

Back