General road trip/meet?

Currently reading:
General road trip/meet?

Being able to see a master class from schumacher is not something that I'm going to miss if i'm honest!
Going off topic for a moment this is the first time other than the first couple of races this season where I've genuinely not been able to wait :D I do hope he has the car underneath him to do well, it would be a shame for him to do something similar to what the late great Colin McRae did a couple of years ago when Loeb was injured and couldn't drive :(

Going off topic for a moment this is the first time other than the first couple of races this season where I've genuinely not been able to wait :D I do hope he has the car underneath him to do well, it would be a shame for him to do something similar to what the late great Colin McRae did a couple of years ago when Loeb was injured and couldn't drive :(

Well knowing Schumy he'll do whatever he can to get a decent car underneath him. He does have the ability though to drive around a cars 'foibles' to a better extent than most too. Hope he doesn't retire or get nerfed off at the first corner. Am very excited about it, I used to love watching Schumy race.

Well it seems everyone is really keen for this! :p

I'll just make a suggestion to get the ball rolling because this thread seems to be in danger of dying and the meet never actually going ahead.

This would be my choice of route, the start place is flexible and in reality we could meet anywhere from Chester onwards.

Some nice easy dual carriageway, some nice flowing roads, nice scenery, some really good drivers roads, a few places to stop off along the way and chat, eat and so on and so forth and not a fixed camera in sight.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ruthin+Rd&daddr=B4547+to:A543+to:53.047818,-3.210754+to:A539%2FMill+St&hl=en&geocode=FXKHKwMdVBzM_w%3BFTouKwMduM3A_w%3BFR6CKgMdeJHJ_w%3B%3BFcJEKAMdGrLP_w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=11&via=1,2,3&sll=53.073402,-3.303452&sspn=0.349826,1.054001&ie=UTF8&z=11

Could always open it up to owners of other Fiats as well. I'd suggest the first weekend in September as a date for it so no one misses Schuey's exploits :)

If you like the idea do say, if you hate it do pipe up and suggest another route :)

If people wanted to give me an idea of what they like to eat and how much they'd like to spend I could possibly find a nice pub where we can have some good grub :)

Last edited:
Thought that route looks good and i've driven some of those roads. Trouble is 90% of those interest live in Manchester and it's a fair old trek all the way out to Ruthin.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the meet nearer, or where the majority of people are based?

110miles cross country is a fair old trek too. Just think meeting in Manchester would make a bit more sense. I know north wales has much better roads, but i'm not sure how keen those who are interested would be in a really long drive out.

Thought that route looks good and i've driven some of those roads. Trouble is 90% of those interest live in Manchester and it's a fair old trek all the way out to Ruthin.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the meet nearer, or where the majority of people are based?

110miles cross country is a fair old trek too. Just think meeting in Manchester would make a bit more sense. I know north wales has much better roads, but i'm not sure how keen those who are interested would be in a really long drive out.
Definitely ;) I was just trying to make a suggestion which people would probably not like so as to spur someone into arranging another route which is more convenient for most people ;)

HINT HINT! Organise a route TDQ! :p

Macc as in Macclesfield, thats a lot nearer to Manc than N. Wales is, then more people would be more Interested, HOPEFULLY.

:D :D.

Heres another Idea.

How about, since a lot of people want it Manchester based, have the road trip around Manchester, and what better place than a great big "ring" road formerly known as the "M60".
A circuit round that would be fun.

Starbok.

P.S. It's my B'day today :woot: :) :D.

Heres another Idea.

How about, since a lot of people want it Manchester based, have the road trip around Manchester, and what better place than a great big "ring" road formerly known as the "M60".

Starbok.

happy birthday :)

Hi there. I have recently bought a 1100hp and i love it. I am yet to see any others on the road, even though i drive in manchester. Having previously owned a coupe 20v turbo where day trips were common, i was wondering if anything similar is planned? Its a great way to meet up and go for a drive. Maybe even a camping trip?

Hope to get a good response. Really great car so far. Cheers.

yes we do loads see here https://www.fiatforum.com/events/

Heres another Idea.

Starbok.

I hope you're joking about a drive round the M60!! :eek:

happy birthday.

Now that's awesome, who'd of thought they'd have made M60 Stickers lol.

P.S. Thx for the B'Day Messages.

The M60 is only an idea, and would prob be a last resort, any got any better routes.

Or, maybe just a meet @ a car park @ a pub or summit.

I'd like to meet up. Think we might just get on. :p
Definitely :) I think inviting 500's as well would mean that numbers would be good enough for a proper meet. I'm sure a few of the 500 people would be interested in a spirited drive over some good roads as opposed to a lot of them who would just want to potter around and then fawn over each others cars :p Come on Rob, get Jnoiles, Lloyd, DraigFlag and some of the other 500 drivers together and we can have a meet :) The weather is supposed to be dryish for the next week and a bit if a little chilly around my parts (as in where I live, not my privates :p ) so it shouldn't be too full of bikers and weekend drivers. I had a fantastic drive today over the moors and a good part of it is wide open so you can take the racing line through corners without killing yourself and others.

Or we can meet where everyone else wants to :)

Back