Rich's Cinq

Currently reading:
Rich's Cinq

no problem :)

the toyos aren't any good in anything under 16" IMO, they don't have much tread pattern on bigger wheels, so shrinking the tyre and shrinking the grooves in the tread to suit the tyre size has a catastrophic effect on how it clears water in particular, wouldn't reccomend them to anyone with a wheel size under 16 tbh, they are excellent on bigger cars but below that they are pretty horrendous.

i wouldnt reccomend the toyos in any size for winter driving at all though, they are the most horrific tyre on earth for snow driving, the tyres tread doesnt clear snow in the slightest, so doesnt bite into the mushy surface. it is like driving with slicks on ice, hugfely bad idea.

centos are quite tricky cars for tyres TBF, they are very light so dont have much weight of the car to help push tyres onto the road, IMO you need a tyre on a cento that gives good physical grip on its own, so idealy, the softer the compound of rubber the better. the compounds show up a tyres grip more on a cinq or sei than more or less any other car IMO, thats one of the reasons why nankangs (aka ditchfinders) are so poor on centos, they have such a hard compound they are almost plastic, and to make it even worse they never wear out fast, so you are stuck with them :p

YcMing said:
I rate the new nang kang XR011 (or something like that!)

they softened the compound quite a bit iirc? the model before that was very poor, the one before that was down right scary in more or less all conditions lol

nanks arent bad on bigger cars at all, alot of impressive machinery run them, it's amazing how much the size and weight of car has a bearing on a tyres effectiveness.

Andi_F said:
Don't want to know you anymore then (LOL).
7 Advisory's on a 7yr old Car!!! Not happy, plus long(ish) list of work to do on the Sei.

Aye Martyn (M5HAW) done a great job finding me a wee cracker! TBF the previous owner spent a fortune on it a couple of months before I bought it and it came with some decent history which is rare nowadays.

toyo proxie r888 are the grippy ones :). im running sonars. budjet tyre and tbh coming from yokohama a593 there not quite as sticky in the dry. just as sticky in the wet and have a good wear rate. softer sidewalls so there comfier but you dont notice the roll as i came from 185's to the now 175 so there isnt a difference in flex.

yoko's are still the best tyres ive ever felt on a cento

richard33dees said:
Aye Martyn (M5HAW) done a great job finding me a wee cracker! TBF the previous owner spent a fortune on it a couple of months before I bought it and it came with some decent history which is rare nowadays.

Ha ha your'e lucky then Rich.
Don't think the 2 owners that had the Sei before me bothered with Maintanence, so it's been me doing most the hard work on it.
No History, even had to send away for a V5 Log book as the previous owner had lost it.

As Steve said i also had yokos on and the grip was Good , in the wet and the dry , But id say the Toyos are better in the dry , BUT if the tyres tend to be realy grippy they will wear Quick , i think i got though a set of yoko a 593s in 4-5 mouth and thats with some times driveing like a tool

Depends on how much money you have to spend , i hear you still have some organs to sell to fund some good tyres

jatkinson said:
Depends on how much money you have to spend , i hear you still have some organs to sell to fund some good tyres

lmao, yeah still got a few organs and I think selling kids the on the net would be frowned upon for modding the cinq

Andi_F said:
Shame the Yoko's can't be done in a 13. I've currentlly got pirrelli P700's on the front, great in the dry, but almost useless in the wet.
Anyone know of any good tryes to fit 165/55 R13 70H??

Av got Pirelli on the front too, there **** in all conditions!! The budgets on the back offer more grip in the dry and wet than the P's

only good dry pirreli i found is p6000 but there not too brill in the wet. make for some epic over steer which we all know leaves the women helpless.......right? :p

my yokos lasted 5 month and they were part worn. the tracking is out they burned alot of rubber and i drove like a knob lmfao. but hey what can you do! Lol only wore out on the inner inch of the tyre rest still has grip

Back