Technical Reverse camera not working

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse camera not working

drandjelovic

Hi,

I got a Fiat Tipo 2017 Lounge with factory fitted reverse camera. However, when I engage reverse the camera does not turn on. It like nothing happens.

Also, the parking sensors have no sound. I can see them on the dashboard, so they are working, but no bipping sound. I tried changing settings but no luck.

Then, I can get my phone to connect with the audio, but the sound does not go through the speakers. I can connect and listen to music from the phone, but not a phone call. When I try to increase volume, it seems to be stuck at zero.

And finally, I can’t seem to connect my phone app uconnect to the radio.

So not sure if all of these connected somehow and if anyone has had any of them? Trying to see if I can get a quick fix (software update maybe?) before I spend £100 for diagnostic.

Thanks,

Dejan

I have the exact same problem. The reverse/rear camera does not always work, I can hear the sound of the radars, but there are times that the camera is black.

I had an issue with the camera being black once I took the rear mechanism off for the camera and boot release and disconneced the power connector for the camera gave it a quick clean and re assembled it and it has been fine for approx 18 month

Perhaps it's a worth try

So, it is a harware thing. Did you do it on your own, did you see any videos/tutorials about the reverse camera?

So, it is a harware thing. Did you do it on your own, did you see any videos/tutorials about the reverse camera?
No video's or anything just had the camera go blank a few time going into reverse

Mainly opend it to see if I could get a part number see if the camera as available anywhere as a part on it's own if it needed to be replaced at some point

Unfortunately didn't have any luck on that front

Thankfully mine has worked fine since the disconnect and connector clean not that anything looked wrong with it

update. Both tampering a bit the camera on the back and changing the battery for a new one solved the problem.

After unscrewing the star bolts I saw that I couldn't do much, so I moved a bit any cable I found and screw back the whole camera frame.

update. Both tampering a bit the camera on the back and changing the battery for a new one solved the problem.

After unscrewing the star bolts I saw that I couldn't do much, so I moved a bit any cable I found and screw back the whole camera frame.
What was your problem in the first place? Did it go black when you engage reverse or was it not doing anything?

eventually it has not been solved. Still, there are many times that the camera after I engage reverse shows a black screen, lets say, in the morning and when I leave from work in the evening it works. Some days, both times the camera is black (only the camera, the audio sensor works fine).
I cant tell if:
it is the OS of the radio that needs to boot in time and I engage reverse
it is the battery's current voltage
it is the frequent power wash that might get there water in
worse, I got a faulty part :/

The black camera screen remains to me completely random. And when it works (2 times out of 10) I am like "oh, hello there, I missed you"

Ah, that might be different then. My does not show even a black screen, nothing happens when I reverse. Inwas quoted £1,700 for a new radio, which is beyond belief

Hi,

I got a Fiat Tipo 2017 Lounge with factory fitted reverse camera. However, when I engage reverse the camera does not turn on. It like nothing happens.

Also, the parking sensors have no sound. I can see them on the dashboard, so they are working, but no bipping sound. I tried changing settings but no luck.

Then, I can get my phone to connect with the audio, but the sound does not go through the speakers. I can connect and listen to music from the phone, but not a phone call. When I try to increase volume, it seems to be stuck at zero.

And finally, I can’t seem to connect my phone app uconnect to the radio.

So not sure if all of these connected somehow and if anyone has had any of them? Trying to see if I can get a quick fix (software update maybe?) before I spend £100 for diagnostic.

Thanks,

Dejan
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, how did you solve it?

Back