Technical Rev counter

Currently reading:
Technical Rev counter

Hi,
The black/violet wire is the thin wire on the relay(Fuel pump relay) closest to the brake fluid reservoir(899cc)..

Thanks
Paul T

hi guys, black/violet wire works (y), just got myself a set of clocks and didnt have a clue, came on here read the posts and went back 2 the car put a wire from the back of the clock 2 the black/violet wire and the rev counter works

meangreenmachine said:
hi guys, black/violet wire works (y), just got myself a set of clocks and didnt have a clue, came on here read the posts and went back 2 the car put a wire from the back of the clock 2 the black/violet wire and the rev counter works

do you mean youve got an 899 and it reads correctly and everything such as idling just below 1000 revs

oh im gonna have to find a clock set

Sorry to bring thread up again but

today i went to get a cinq sporting clock set from my local scrappy as he told me there was one there, there was but somebody had nicked the dial faces adn messed with the needles so i obviously didnt have it

i then noticed a seicento sporting as i was walking out and it had the central rev ounter but with the glass smashed on it i was gonna get it till i saw a big multipug on the back with about 4 or more wires coming out will it work and give correct reading? if it will then i might get it and make a new pod for it

Hi,
Yeah it should work but you will have to find out the wiring sequence, the cinq rev counter has 4 pins(inside the dash), but only 3 are used, later Cinq wiring is supposed to be the same as the Sei's..

Thanks
Paul T

Right ive gone and brought the sei sporting rev counter got it for a baragain £7 cause glass was smashed but i need kind assistance in connecting it up i know i need the black and violet wire on the car but which wires on the rev counter

from right to left ive got

Red and black (RN in haynes manual) which i think is illumination
Black (N in haynes manual) which i think is earth
Yellow and red (GR in haynes manual)
Light blue (A in haynes manual) Every A i see in electrical diagrams comes out the other end of a block as RN

Please help me figure this out kind people as ive know got a headache and these electrical drawing in haynes manual aint helping as always any help is much appreciated

Hi,
Can you take the gauge apart and take a digi photo of the circuit board, should be able to compare with my cinq rev counter to figure it out....

Thanks
Paul T

I cant post up pics ive just taken as every time i try aol crashes and has to restart and ive just been told by my norton security that i was attcaked a few days ago but it informs me now

I was looking at interior removal pics in haynes manual earlier and the rev counter is identical apart from the fact that the guage on mine is full semi circle the bord etc was the same so id imagine mine is same connections as yours

Ps please reply asap please as ive got the cinq stripped down and its damn cold out there

Does anyone whos online know which wire is for which as i know some on here such as chaos have fitted cinq sporting clocks so will know which and what colour wire they have connected the black and violet from the car to

Im not been impatient but i wanted to see if it worked tonight as i wont get to tommorrow as its my mums birthday

The younger modder said:
Does anyone whos online know which wire is for which as i know some on here such as chaos have fitted cinq sporting clocks so will know which and what colour wire they have connected the black and violet from the car to

Im not been impatient but i wanted to see if it worked tonight as i wont get to tommorrow as its my mums birthday

I've not fitted sporting clocks. I'm researching about LED tachos with the aim to make my own.

i ran a seperate wire from the ecu pin (23) to the back of the clocks, then put that wire into the bottom connector block in the 3rd from botton pin hole

Right me and my sister who is an electrical engineer spent ages working this out tonight and we got it to work and it ticks over at 1000 revs and revs up and down even though it is a bit slow it is brill just got to build it into the dash tommorrow and make proper wiring connections etc

So yes Seicento sporting rev counters can be used on basic cinqs and seis wiring is as follows

Red and black - Connect to an ignition live

Black - Connect to a good earth

Yellow and red - Connect to speedo illumination live

Light blue - Connect to the black/violet speed sensor wire from pin 23 from ecu from the fuel pump relay.

I think we sould make this thread into a sticky for any moderators listening as there are that many threads asking wheather this can be done on 899 cinqs etc it is unbelievable

Thanks very much for any help recieved as ever it is apreciated

Wayne

Reactions: HP
The younger modder said:
right so does anyone else no wire colours then

And chaos a lad on here with a red cinq which he calls geoff has made his own led tacho as far as i can remember so it may be worth asking him directly

Cheers Wayne. I now gotta find out who the guy is... I know his sig has 'kiss my flat ass' in it...... I've found a couple of wiring schematics, so I'm gonna have a closer look and I'm gonna have a look on Maplins site to see how much the components will cost.

The younger modder said:

I think we sould make this thread into a sticky for any moderators listening as there are that many threads asking wheather this can be done on 899 cinqs etc it is unbelievable

Thanks very much for any help recieved as ever it is apreciated

Wayne

done :)

Back