Tuning rev counter, what do you think

Currently reading:
Tuning rev counter, what do you think

I think individual dials in cars that AREN'T performance cars look a bit chavvy.

It would be much better in my opinion to go and get a set of clock out of a higher model that includes a rev counter and temperature guage.

its a mk1.. get the clocks and the there is a cable to run for the rev counter and a sensor to chnage for the temo guage.. a brandnew guage should cost about £13 and the dials aroun £15 there are guides for the cable and the sensor and its looks so much better than aftermarket guages

basically you get the dash console out of a higher spec machine, take it to fiat (probably Platts) and ask them to swap it and align the mileage; you will need a console with less miles on it than your car is displaying from memory!

You dont need to take the mk1 to fiat either, these are known for being very easy to clock. They are very easy to take apart and are just a little bit fiddly though.

Thanks everyone, Done the mod the other day, I know have a rev counter (working) and temp gauge(also working lol) I just swaped the speedo's over with the help of the guides :D shame doh wud'nt of minded the numbers on the scrap cars milage 63k :confused: only cost £15 for the whole dials unit, and temp sensor!!

Back