Returning member confused with models

Currently reading:
Returning member confused with models

jackinabin

Hi everyone, I now have a Punto 1.4 1368cc 57KW GBT 2012 & when searching for parts. all I can find are for Grande Punto or Evo & I have no idea which are compatible?

I have been currently trying to get a pair of drive shaft oil seals, with not much luck, most just go up to 2006 & most are just left side, I am knocking on a bit now & would be

grateful for some help in searching for parts for this model, Cheers (y)

The issue I suspect is the very specific part you're looking for and the fact you're doing it online.

Most online retailers cover the most in demand parts, brakes, clutches, fluids and filters.
you are likely to be much better off just picking up the phone tomorrow to Euro Car Parts or GSF or other similar retailers and asking for what you want, give them the car reg and they will tell you exactly what you need.

Its not worth these companies spending hours upon hours listing online every oil seal, washer and Gromit for the general public, when the trade to their orders by phone, also on some models not necessarily a Punto but some might have had many engine changes over the run of a vehicle and many different gearboxes, some made at the same time in the same place might have a gear box from different manufactures. so something like a a drive shaft oil seal might still have half a dozen possible options till you can nail it down with a chassis number, which is why its best you call them.

Thank you for your reply. & info, just used to doing stuff on line must be cos I’m a pensioner now 🙂 but still can’t fathom out whether a GBT is a Punto / Grande Punto or Evo, when sourcing parts or getting any information about stuff?

Thank you for your reply. & info, just used to doing stuff on line must be cos I’m a pensioner now
better that than my parents, Mother especially who now in her 70s still refuses to buy anything online I think more out of shear stubbornness now than inability.

🙂 but still can’t fathom out whether a GBT is a Punto / Grande Punto or Evo, when sourcing parts or getting any information about stuff?
Your car is a "Punto" after the relaunch in 2012 they dropped the Evo and Grande nonsense and went back the simple "Punto" name. Under the skin your car has much more in common with the EVO.

Grande came out in 2006, ran till 2010ish, they had a little cross over with the EVO, the EVO launched in 2010 and was a revamp of the Grande. It had a whole new dash which was much more modern and better laid out. updated looks with different bumpers front and back, some minor cosmetic changes to tweak the designs of the headlights and tail lights with LEDs.
Then in 2012 they dropped the EVO name, they cut some costs but ditching some of the options like leather interiors and made the bumpers one piece to cut manufacturing costs of two piece bumpers but the Evo and the post 2012 "Punto" are essentially the same car.

Your GBT, was a 2012 Olympics special model standing for GB Team (so support the GB Olympic team) so it got some nice extras like the alloy wheels and some heated electric mirrors but other than that was largely the same as most other Puntos of that era.

Great thanks for the info that tell me what I wanted to know, my mother is 93 & still kicking ass
F2E8BB56-7A5A-4BE0-8CB0-3971274893BF.jpeg

Hi everyone, I now have a Punto 1.4 1368cc 57KW GBT 2012 & when searching for parts. all I can find are for Grande Punto or Evo & I have no idea which are compatible?

I have been currently trying to get a pair of drive shaft oil seals, with not much luck, most just go up to 2006 & most are just left side, I am knocking on a bit now & would be

grateful for some help in searching for parts for this model, Cheers (y)
Use ePER on this site together with your VIN.

Or PM me your VIN and I'll give you as much info about your car (build etc) as I can and hopefully the P/Ns ofr the oil seals.

Back