What model is this?

Currently reading:
What model is this?

My wife is insistent that this car is a Fiat 500 because it looks like a modern one. I'm doubtful, so anyway, what is it?

IMG_20240526_204539.jpg

Mmm, she's gloating now :)

We went on holiday to Rome about 7 years ago and she took the picture herself because it looked nice. I suppose she printed the picture and put it in a frame as a momento. I didn't really look closely at the picture, but can see the Nissan Juke and rubbish bins in the background!

She laughed at the comment I should tell her its a cinquecnto :lol

It’s a fiat 500…. And going by the Nissan juke in the background it’s not a very old picture
wasn't it also nicknamed 'toppolino' or something similar?
(was my first car, cheap and cheerful!) 'pull' starter lever as well as the choke lever beside it, 3 forward gears, no synchro, but stuck to the road like a lump of poo...

wasn't it also nicknamed 'toppolino' or something similar?
(was my first car, cheap and cheerful!) 'pull' starter lever as well as the choke lever beside it, 3 forward gears, no synchro, but stuck to the road like a lump of poo...

Topolino was a nickname given to the first fiat 500 made from 1936. This was due to the popularity of Mickey Mouse who in Italy, in the 1930s was also known as Topolino.

The nickname didn't carry over to the newer 500 of the 1950s and the one featured in the picture above

Back