(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
  1. Yes
  2. 1998 Punto GT3
  3. MITcar
:devil::slayer:

Brilliant - a mk1 Punto definitely falls into my retro definition! (y) I can't believe 1998 is 16 years ago - seems like only yesterday it was 1st August 1998 and I was proudly bombing around in my new Punto Sporting - poor old thing is saved but looking sorry for itself..... :(

Anyway I digress! I'll have the passes with me (if I remember to bring them of course. :rolleyes: ). If I haven't found anyone, look for me in the burger queue (y)

My entrance ticket arrived on Friday.

Does anyone have any info on the RWYB? The website says nothing - how will we know when to arrive and where to be? Helmets required? License, insurance, MOT?

Si, is your Marbella in a big enough piece to attend and "compete"?

Looks like on the day, but a few people are asking about advance booking. This is the RR hillclimb thread, with a few sensible questions in it!

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/162528?page=1

My entrance ticket arrived on Friday.

Does anyone have any info on the RWYB? The website says nothing - how will we know when to arrive and where to be? Helmets required? License, insurance, MOT?

Si, is your Marbella in a big enough piece to attend and "compete"?

The link I previously posted is the only info I have I'm afraid.

I didn't hear from you re the car pass - do you want me to post it to you? You're bringing a mk2 Panda I guess? (y)

Last edited:

These arrived today - the car passes that is! :slayer:

So please can you each confirm:

1. That you still want to attend
2. The car you want to bring (I have to bear in mind the eligibility criteria above)
3. How you want to get the pass - options are at MitCar Sunday, meet on the day, or posted to you. Any posted passes can be sorted out by pm - as posting isn't cheap for me to do any more, a small donation to the Pinky fund would be appreciated.

So over to you:

We have 15 spaces booked, and 11 potentials at the moment (including someone not on the forum). If Freddy wants to bring 2 cars (if the other Freddie is ready & we can find a driver) we still have 3 spaces, so anyone else can still join us. (y) It would be nice to have a full house! :worship:

Bushboy
pete127
thooms

Please could you confirm asap if you're still planning on attending this, which car, etc? We only have a couple of weeks to go now.

Many thanks, Gavin. (y)

@Bushboy
@pete127
@thooms

Please could you confirm asap if you're still planning on attending this, which car, etc? We only have a couple of weeks to go now.

Many thanks, Gavin. (y)

Hi Gavin,

I'm definitely going to RR, but it looks like I'll be doing it in the Saab. Shocking.

That vacates a place on the stand, though - I'll definitely wander over at some point at have a look at the expanse of Fiats :)

Bushboy
pete127
thooms

Many thanks, Gavin. (y)

Hey up!

Would love to attend and its still in my calendar but turns out we've since been invited to a christening on that Sunday... If I can get out of it, I'll be there but don't reserve the place for me. I can just come as a regular punter :)

One of the guys I work with has a B-reg Nissan Cherry and is interested in coming along, if there's going to be a spare stand pass?

Never mind, he's decided he doesn't think his car will make it that far without suffering some kind of catastrophic failure. :eek:

That would have been fine! Sorry just catching up!

I thought it was a Nissan Cherry - apart from catastrophic tedium (I actually quite like them.... :eek: ), they don't have anything catastrophic (that would be too exciting) - that's quite an achievement to have an unreliable one. :worship:

(y)

Last edited:
I think he said it suffers a bit from overheating and he's not had a chance to have a proper look at it yet, so is a bit concerned at driving it 140+ miles away from home.

What it needs is a good long motorway blast, followed by a hillclimb - kill or cure! I'd also recommend a few litres of water and an RAC card. :idea:

Back