Posted by Palio
Shelsley Walsh
Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
You are truly welcome to use the Uno whenever you want, it's just a case of getting it to you. It drives really well if you can excuse the gearbox clunks (well bang really) from cold and would be an ideal Panda substitute until you get a Selecta sorted? :idea:

I am willing to be a 'second' car/driver if delivery is required. Got to get homeward back on the road in a classic (y)

Last edited:
My car is 1986, will that scrape under the razor wire?

Most defiantly (sic).

They are saying 1995 ish so yours is 10 years within the limit even ignoring the ish bit. I'm taking it as anything up to about 1998 or newer if it's interesting & there are older cars there.

Any mk1 or mk2 Panda's are definitely ok. (y)

MR PANDY no idea how many Panda's yet as the end of August is quite a long way ahead - Bob's will be 1 Panda though! :p thooms will be in a Saab or Panda, VmanC might well be in a Panda, and there's a fair chance I'll take one too.

Last edited:
(y) No maybe not, but you could test the Selecta clutch up there possibly? :idea:

I don't know who's going to be brave enough, but I have high hopes for Si & Vern......... (y)

Yep I'm up for this. (y) I will bring a Panda myself, or the 850 coupe and drive Panto up the hill if you don't want to Gavin :p

I'd also like to give the Buick an outing this year, taking that up the hill could be a great excuse to make this the show it goes to. :D

Perhaps i'd better watch some Youtube clips of the course before I finalise that last idea. :chin:

Can new cars come:confused:

No, it's a show for retro cars.

HOWEVER if you have an awesome caged and chopped hillclimb 500 then they will no doubt make an exception. The ethos of Retro Rides is all about unusual modified cars, so for example if you have a 2000 Multipla that has been slammed and roller painted then you will get in, :cool: but if it's a standard looking Punto of the same vintage then you probably won't.

I'll be there in my Alfa but am already on a stand so won't be joining you guys - but I look forward to seeing the stand and papping some pics.

Oh and if anyone is wondering whether they should come or not, the answer is YES. Even if you're in a modern car, just park in the regular car park and walk in. This is honestly the BEST SHOW OF THE YEAR in my opinion. I'll be camping and have been to every one since it was at the Haynes Museum near Yeovil. Seriously great for anyone who has any interest in cars.

Think I'll go to this in the Panda. Perhaps if pandamonius_maximus can make it, we can have a 3-way modded panda shootout up the hill? I feel like that would be a crowd-pleaser, even if our times aren't that good!

Would be great to see you there (y)

Good plan. I will be doing a snow dance though (not much hope of success! :rolleyes: ), as I think it would be amusing to have some Panda 4x4's topping the time charts....... ;)

Can you please post a video of this on YouTube, ASAP? I could do with a laugh.... :devil:

Sorry: that should have read "bask in the glory of your aesthetic magnificence...". ;)

Have you been sad enough to look for snow dance on youtube? There are some mighty weird people around!! :nutter:

Anywho you were right the first time, but don't expect to see me doing anything like that during your lifetime. ;)

Think I'll go to this in the Panda. Perhaps if pandamonius_maximus can make it, we can have a 3-way modded panda shootout up the hill? I feel like that would be a crowd-pleaser, even if our times aren't that good!

Sorry, been away for the weekend so just got the note! I should just commit to this really...sounds like a laugh...just not sure how much more mileage I can get out of this engine before it goes pop really.

I'll buy the ticket...then if not possible will take the 4x4. :devil:

Si

Looks like on the day, but a few people are asking about advance booking. This is the RR hillclimb thread, with a few sensible questions in it!

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/162528?page=1

The 4x4 going up would be fun - I'm already planning for snow!! :yum:

Cool stuff, thanks I'll keep an eye on that thread. Will try to get my Dad to come along... can we allow a mini or Scirocco (mk1) to join us? :devil: It will make us more retro'y

Cool stuff, thanks I'll keep an eye on that thread. Will try to get my Dad to come along... can we allow a mini or Scirocco (mk1) to join us? :devil: It will make us more retro'y

Don't see why not - I can always ask for more space if we need it! Scirocco please - Mini's are a bit :sleep: Not a popular view I know - it's also not a popular view that 127's handle better than a Mini but 3 different journalists have printed that!! :D

Back