General Restoration or NEW wheels!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Restoration or NEW wheels!!!!!!

Sooo damn pissed off. just kurbed 2 of my wheels down one side. whilst trying to avoid a bloody fox in the middle of the road.:mad: to what extent can a wheel be restored as there is a chunk missing out some of the spokes..(multijet 17'')...Or does anyone know where i can pick up some 2 new ones without being charged an arm and a leg!!!!!!:bang:
will post some pics..

depends how big of a chunk is missing. pics would be helpful.

red-fox-sleeping.jpg

:)

it doesn't matter how good the wheel refurbish er is they wont get the same shade and finish on them as the originals.they will darker in shade and the polished finish wont be as bright.my front nearside should have been replaced when i was involved in a crash but they just refurb the wheel they lied and said it was a new 1 from fiat.....(n)anyways it has a plastic coating on it of sorts as the originals don't so i am guessing its part of the refurb process:confused:

Had kerb damage on a wheel -although only scratches- done by Chips Away (or was it Dent Magician) on my last car. Couldnt tell it had been repaired.

hi guys thanks for your comments and sorry for the late reply been busy with uni.

Anyway found out that i need a new wheel as it is not balancing anymore. I went to a Fiat parts place and was told that there are 2 different makes of the multijet alloy. One is made by Speedline and the other MIM???? £135 and £200. One costing much more than the other.....the guy explained to me that they are different colours but still silver????

Another GP to add to the list of crashed ones this month..As my cousin had someone go in to him and basically damaged the whole suspension on the front passenger side, emobolised... How will the insurance deal with this as he has his own aftermarket 17'' rims on his 1.2

thanks

hi guys thanks for your comments and sorry for the late reply been busy with uni.

Anyway found out that i need a new wheel as it is not balancing anymore. I went to a Fiat parts place and was told that there are 2 different makes of the multijet alloy. One is made by Speedline and the other MIM???? £135 and £200. One costing much more than the other.....the guy explained to me that they are different colours but still silver????

Another GP to add to the list of crashed ones this month..As my cousin had someone go in to him and basically damaged the whole suspension on the front passenger side, emobolised... How will the insurance deal with this as he has his own aftermarket 17'' rims on his 1.2

thanks

Didnt realise mjet wheels were speedlines.

Tell your cousin get down to wherever the car is and replace the wheels back to standards.

its too late as he couldnt drive the car away...he phoned up the insurance and they wanted him to take to a place in Leatherhead when hes in reading?? So its now sitting at Reading Fiat... Wont they just carry out the work on the suspension and leave the wheels to him as they were purchased after? I told him the insurance are gonna get one over on him as they arent declared....

its too late as he couldnt drive the car away...he phoned up the insurance and they wanted him to take to a place in Leatherhead when hes in reading?? So its now sitting at Reading Fiat... Wont they just carry out the work on the suspension and leave the wheels to him as they were purchased after? I told him the insurance are gonna get one over on him as they arent declared....

They usually get a representitive in and inspect the car to get a quote/bumfcuk you for mods. Depends how anal they want to be about it, which they usually are.

If you can, get down to fiat before the insurance do and swap the wheels for standards, fiat won't mind, at the end of the day if the insurance don't pay out then fiat won't get paid! not quickly anyway.

Depends entirely on your insurance company. Mine don't care about any non performance enhancing mods i make to my car (which is one of the main reasons i chose them, aswell as the fact they cover me on any vehicle :D)

But, as Kris said, nip down and change them ASAP, cant be too careful in these circumstances. Although, lesson to be learned, its always worth telling your insurance of any altercations to the vehicle. i would rather pay £50 than have to fork out 7/8k for a new car coz i didnt get a pay out.

Mark

Depends entirely on your insurance company. Mine don't care about any non performance enhancing mods i make to my car (which is one of the main reasons i chose them, aswell as the fact they cover me on any vehicle :D)

But, as Kris said, nip down and change them ASAP, cant be too careful in these circumstances. Although, lesson to be learned, its always worth telling your insurance of any altercations to the vehicle. i would rather pay £50 than have to fork out 7/8k for a new car coz i didnt get a pay out.

Mark

Mark I take it you are with quinn direct?
Insurance could argue that the wheels affect performance and quite rightly so, but like you said it all depends on the isnurance company and the person who inspects your car.

I agree that it makes sense for little extra money to insure your mods. But I also understand that for younger drivers an extra mod can be in excess of 200 - 300 notes, not just 50 quid. But still 300 quid is less than money lost on a technically uninsured car.

thanks

My wheels aren't speedlines but have a logo something like 'MIM'. Check your others, theres a small logo on them.

Back