General Replacement TOYO Tyres For 100 hp.

Currently reading:
General Replacement TOYO Tyres For 100 hp.

The speedo difference between 195/45r15 and 195/50r15 is only 2mph at 70, will probably make your speedo more accurate if anything - no need to worry.

100hp Pandas are fitted with 6.5" wide alloys.

Wicked and thanks for that ..the 100hp has extra little arches tacked on tho where mine hasnt ..looks like I will have to get some to stay within the law :bang: but I will look at it and see if they stick out to much first ..and will report my findings for other members :)

Anyone have any thoughts on ride change when going from 45 to 50's? Slighty softer? Just like everyone i'm looking for that HP holy grail! My friend has a focus with sporty suspension and says its worse than the HP because it doesn't even bounce it just bangs down so he was going to try slightly thicker profile with possibly a little less pressure. Bigger arches though i guess.. dreamland stuff?

Stick with the standard size tyres. If you go for higher profile they will squidge more around corners and you will lose some of the sharpness and feel.

If you run the same width tyres with appreciably lower pressures you will affect the braking performance, ruin the handling and wear the shoulders out on the tyres.

(y) Just a quick update on the Toyo tyres, bought on Flea Bay Thursday pm, delivered on Sat lunchtime. Brand new, and look as good as the original Eagles. At £37.50 each + local fitting charges very, very pleased. Thats my 100 hp sorted for tyres.
:D

I'm sticking with the 50 profile on mine not only are they cheaper than the 45 profile but the speedo on my 1.2 will at least read nearer the mark at 70 mph than the 45 ones do .. so its 195/50/15s for me when my wheels arrive ..

Back