General Replacement TOYO Tyres For 100 hp.

Currently reading:
General Replacement TOYO Tyres For 100 hp.

puffed out daddy

puffed out daddy
:) Morning from Blackpool...Have just found a seller on Flea Bay doing a special deal on TOYO T1R Tyres.. Set of 4 delivered for £155. Obviously will have to pay some one local to fit them.
Has any body used TOYO, are they any good and is that a good price.
With the HP deal , I have got my 100 hp till 2011...ouch..
Very tempted to grab these and stash them in spare room till needed, but would like some feed back first...
(y)

:) Morning from Blackpool...Have just found a seller on Flea Bay doing a special deal on TOYO T1R Tyres.. Set of 4 delivered for £155. Obviously will have to pay some one local to fit them.
Has any body used TOYO, are they any good and is that a good price.
With the HP deal , I have got my 100 hp till 2011...ouch..
Very tempted to grab these and stash them in spare room till needed, but would like some feed back first...
(y)

Yes they are very good tyres for the money. Good grip in all conditions and excellent grip in the wet compared to most tyres due to the V tread pattern (reduces the risk of aquaplaning too :)). Also £155 is a good price for 4 (y). Only complaint I had with them was that there a fairly soft compound so wear quite quickly when you give them a bit of right foot :devil:.

:D Many thanks for a quick reply, just bought a set of 4...Will store them till needed. Thats my tyres sorted for the next couple of years, cheers. :cool:

If they are the Toys Proxes, make sure they are the later style ones, I think T1-S, with the normal bit of tread around the outside, the earlier style T1-R I think, that is purely V shaped tread, I found to be horrific in the wet, especially on a light car, my mates rover 214 even wheelspan like a nutter, they puncture very easily and many batches of flawed tyres are on the cheap net market, that will bulge and deform. They were terrible on my rear drive 320i, and on another friends modded rover 216 coupe.

:) Me again...just checked the listing on FLEA bay..Toyo Proxes T1 R .195.45.VR15..R78...Brand New delivered for £155...Just been and checked Kwik fit and National Tyres web site and i am going up stairs to change my underwear.
Had my 100 hp since August and It has,nt been over 6000 rpm more than twice, I dont drive like a nutter, so they will do for me....(y)

Last edited:
there is also a CF 1, ive not tried them they look a bit strange

t1 r look like this

PROXEST1-R.jpg

Last edited:
OK...I am looking at the 100hp handbook that came with my 100 hp...it says....standard tyres 195/45 R15 78 v.....checked the car and thats whats fitted....(y)
There also fitted with 185/55 R14 80 T..I presume this is for different countrys.:)

OK...I am looking at the 100hp handbook that came with my 100 hp...it says....standard tyres 195/45 R15 78 v.....checked the car and thats whats fitted....(y)
There also fitted with 185/55 R14 80 T..I presume this is for different countrys.:)

At last and thanks for that (y)

195/45 R15 is a blooming odd size so are more dolla £ 50.60, i would just go for the 195/40

If I used them on my 1.2 my speedo is way way out :bang: gotta use the 195/50/15 for the speedo to read correctly :)

Also the new wheels that are coming are 6.5J wide compared to the 5.5 J on the 100 hp and according to the offset calculator they will be 26mm further out than the original wheels/tyres ..I'm sure that this is illegal to do isn't it having wheels /tyres protruding past the arches ?

Last edited:
I had Toyo T1Rs on my old TVR Chimaera, and we had a set our an Audi TT we used to own. They wear a bit faster than Bridgestone/Goodyear competitors, but were a nice tyre. T1S is a newer flavour, which goes down well with the TVR fraternity again. Subaru owners like them too.

Obviously the 100HP is a very different car, but for sure Toyos are overall a good tyre/brand.

Goodyear F1s are being replaced by the new Goodyear F1 Asymetric. Doesn't look as good but has won all the recent tyre tests I've read (Evo, AutoCAR etc.).

:D I would need a 2cnd morgage to replace the Eagles on my 100 HP, checked a few sites out, between £350 and £400 for a set of 4...OUCH.:bang:

If I used them on my 1.2 my speedo is way way out :bang: gotta use the 195/50/15 for the speedo to read correctly :)

Also the new wheels that are coming are 6.5J wide compared to the 5.5 J on the 100 hp and according to the offset calculator they will be 26mm further out than the original wheels/tyres ..I'm sure that this is illegal to do isn't it having wheels /tyres protruding past the arches ?

The speedo difference between 195/45r15 and 195/50r15 is only 2mph at 70, will probably make your speedo more accurate if anything - no need to worry.

100hp Pandas are fitted with 6.5" wide alloys.

Back