General Removing tint spray

Currently reading:
General Removing tint spray

Seraph

Orka inte
Hmm... tints spray has gone minging from the first of the can, anyone know how i can remove said tinting layer?

ok, so i'm sure i'll find out at some point. right then.

anyone thinking of tinting their rear lenses with lens spray, a bit of advice.

DONT BOTHER. it looks crap. I mean utterly rubbish. by tint what they mean is that it gives a matt effect over your lenses letting less light through... no they don't match with the car (which was the problem before) AND they don't look clean n new.

asstastic (n)

got some good quality thinners.. just gettin rid. i've found a replacement set of lights that i like, i will upgrade at a later date.
just wish i'd spent this time more productively skimming over my dash...

beau_4076 said:
your doing it wrong, savage tint spray gives a lovely shine, much better than untinted lights (y)

its matt because you are not doing it thick enough, i found this out, (i spent £40 on tint spray then realised i needed to do it thicker)
Dude, if i wanted it BLACK and Illegal, then yes it would be good.

Paint thinner and my lights are fine now.
I'll get the replacements when i find some that don't look "lexus"

i used no lacqure, just savage tint spray

1407black_lights_3.JPG

new_wheels_1.JPG

edit and mot guy said as long as he can see light reflect off the reflector then its ok, and he passed them :)

If you read the info with the spray it will no doubt say that the stuff is for show use only and may not be road legal. It does look good with the black lights, Daves Punto looks wicked, but the stuff makes your lights less effective and therefore can be dangerous if other drivers don't see your lights, especially in fog.

dave, yours look slick. When i did mine cos the stilo lights have so much "silver" on then, it just looked yellow.

i'd still be tempted by it, but I'd have to get someone who's not crap like me to do it.

Back