Technical removing the rocker cover???

Currently reading:
Technical removing the rocker cover???

ok, i wanna remove my rocker cover so i can clean and spray it (a nice silver/chromy colour) but im unsure if its safe to rmove it. I dont know cause ive never done it before. Can i just take it off or is there anything i should do first or watch for as i take it off? as far as i can see its only a few bolts and its off. am i right?

cheers

I Have A Cinq Sporting...

...Click Here To Look At It

not 100% sure, no - but i assume it will have one and need replacing, as they tend to seep oil from there anyway

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Good way to waste some time....

Im fancying mine in red if \ when I do the K+N Bodge-on

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system is here...just need to get the bleeder on now!!

gaskets are about £2.50, u can normally get away with using the same one tho. How u sparying it? I wanna do mine but am a bit worried about the amount of heat its got to endure.

sig1.jpg

Any decent garage should stock one, there the same across many fiat engines. Fiat themselves if there is one near u, we have parkers motor sapres round here, but i think there only midalnds based. How much heat does the paint have to take? radiator paint do it?

sig1.jpg

Should be adequate.....I dont think* that area gets much above 100oC at most...

* - think. not true, just a guess!!

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

halfords have the rocker gasket, 2.49 if i remember. easy job, any paint will work tbh, get it powder coated if your wanting it done properly. looks the biz, i got my peugeot done for 30 quid!.

companies who powder coat can do pretty much anything, just give it to them and specify colour, e.g. battery bracket, manifold cover, ecu cover.

hope this helps. p.s very easy job to change one, never re0use a gasket, as it will always leak.!

Bright Yella and Coming your way!

I've sprayed mine with heat proof exhaust panit, but it needs redoing, as I thought the heat from the engine would have baked it on, but it wasn't hot enough, so I need to clean it off and then put it in the oven (when my mum is out for the day of course :p).

As if you don't cure the paint then it can start to come off and it doesn't say nice for long.

I hope that helps you out.

Brian

Ask any racer, any real racer, it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning!

You should also buy some liquid gasket in a tube to apply around the raised cam lobes at the right hand side as this will stop it weeping for a little while longer.

Liam

**** happens!

Back