Technical Removing blower switch x250

Currently reading:
Technical Removing blower switch x250

Here is the pic:

Attachments

• Blower.jpg
    Blower.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 484
Hi, so just to confirm, the switch unit is floating free in the void but there seems to be no way to extract it without much more major surgery. Can someone say one way or the other? At least then I could carry on with some more confidence. The blower was staying on full regardless of switch position, have pulled out the connector and can control the speed by shorting across the contacts.

I don't know if it helps but the schematic in the attachment page 3 shows that the trim plate that appears to be not letting you get the switch module out can be removed [item 8]. The diagram is for fitting air conditioning and shows what panels need removing in what order to do it? It may help you especially with item 7 being removed before 8?
http://www.alex-original.com/WebsiteMedia/files/FIA- 20233.pdf

Last edited:
Twice I've had that happen, was a case of bad earth (wiring plug under main glove box) terminal cleaned, crimped (tightened) once on my old van and once on a hire citroen relay, guessing you've checked this though

Hi. Had another look with a clear head and some more patience. So here is what you have to do:
Remove the emergency flasher / rear heater / fag lighter switch bar (the screw is under the rubber base to the ash tray holder). It clips off just as you think it might break, the strongest hooks are above the ash tray area.
This allows access to 2 screws under the heater switch unit.
Remove the radio and this allows access to the screws above the switch unit (after removing whatever carries you radio)
Then remove a number of screws around the central glove box to let the plastic surround around it drop away.
The switch unit will, with some encouragement, clip out of place and drop into the void. You may then manipulate it to access the back of the switch from below, through the gap created underneath (there is a pic of the back of the switch taken looking up from the foot well, connector removed)
See pics. Now I need to source a switch, it has the number S387 on it... any comments welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_1269.jpg
    DSC_1269.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC_1268.jpg
    DSC_1268.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_1265.jpg
    DSC_1265.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC_1264.jpg
    DSC_1264.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC_1261.jpg
    DSC_1261.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 398
Hi, so just to confirm, the switch unit is floating free in the void but there seems to be no way to extract it without much more major surgery. Can someone say one way or the other? At least then I could carry on with some more confidence. The blower was staying on full regardless of switch position, have pulled out the connector and can control the speed by shorting across the contacts.
hi guys . i have a similar problem had the blower on full the other day first time out for a while anyway went to turn it off & it stayed on full . stopped for fuel & the heater is now 0 is 2* 1 is 3 * 2 is 0
3 is 4 * & 4 is 3 i think its not the resister as it still has 1 to 4 speeds so guys it can only be the switch any ideas anyone cheers

The switch is duff. If you have a meter put it on continuity between the chassis and fan motor negative. Measure the resistance in each switch position, What do you get? On OFF you should get open circuit and on 4 you should get short circuit with various decreasing values for 1,2, & 3.

The switch is duff. If you have a meter put it on continuity between the chassis and fan motor negative. Measure the resistance in each switch position, What do you get? On OFF you should get open circuit and on 4 you should get short circuit with various decreasing values for 1,2, & 3.
hi . thanks for that (y) thought as much so ordered one this morning ebay £ 32 coming Thursday & a pollen filter as well while i am in the same spot only a few more screws if it was the resister i would have just got full speed all the time me thinks :idea: . jud

hi . thanks for that (y) thought as much so ordered one this morning ebay £ 32 coming Thursday & a pollen filter as well while i am in the same spot only a few more screws if it was the resister i would have just got full speed all the time me thinks :idea: . jud

If the resistor pack is faulty you would have get full speed on position 4 with nothing on the other positions.

hi guys . just took out the heater control switch that was the problem (y) it had turned itself around so the settings was all to pot :bang: ( see photos ) where the springs are showing not aligned & where i have turned it myself . no signs of overheating just not been used for a while ( decorating the bungalow ) :( so just put it down to that

Attachments

• DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 112
  • DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Andy.. not much help now that you've done it, but attached is PDF doc covering removal from Citroen Relay.. same base veh. It is for the removal of AUTOMATIC aircon unit but same location as the fan switches. There is a doc for the manual fan switches, but that says it involves removal of the fascia panel COMPLETELY and and the dashboard crossmember... but I think this is to do with the connecting cables for the direction selector.

Attachments

• AAC control.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 513
Back