Tuning Remap - Ever heard of these guys?

Currently reading:
Tuning Remap - Ever heard of these guys?

Tell us the stories. I am sure a lot of people are interested to hear them.

Not plural. STORY.

Oh well mine thats done 45k miles on the remap is going to die any minute then? :rolleyes: :bang:

Because.....? I am neither Red Dot or Celtic and don't care, your in the corner of Red Dot tho so why wouldn't you stand up tall.

Since you have been on the last time 6 hours after my request to hear the stories and not responded I take it that it all was 'hot air'!

Hot air lol I don't just sit on here all day. FF is one of my homepages so i guess I was logged in on my laptop.

It involves a T-jet that isn't actually a T-jet and was recalled to get Abarth Trims put on with some very sexy white turini's of an S2000.

TBH boys what you worrying about, its one story. Celtic have a whole skip of blown turbos to their name.

And your highly experienced in this field I assume?. With your completely standard (performance wise) car :rolleyes:

Internet forum hearsay isn't proof.

Also a remap won't make a healthy turbo fail. They failed because they were going to fail prematurely anyway. All the remap's done is make it fail quicker. Bad batches of parts happen. Garrett Turbo's on the 1.9 GPS being the prime example.

And how am I in the corner of Red Dot? Yes i've had a remap there. Im getting cams fitted and Im not going back there for second remap tbh due to the distance but thats the only reason.

Last edited:
And your highly experienced in this field I assume?. With your completely standard (performance wise) car :rolleyes:

Internet forum hearsay isn't proof.

Also a remap won't make a healthy turbo fail. They failed because they were going to fail prematurely anyway. All the remap's done is make it fail quicker. Bad batches of parts happen. Garrett Turbo's on the 1.9 GPS being the prime example.

And how am I in the corner of Red Dot? Yes i've had a remap there. Im getting cams fitted and Im not going back there for second remap tbh due to the distance but thats the only reason.

I knew this would happen :)

I am a highly trained engineer. I worked on this years Brawn F1 car.
Oh yes sorry because I have a 1.4 16v car with no engine mods I know absolutely nothing. Oh no wait maybe I know its just pointless money :idea:

Internet forum hearsay? The internets got mighty realistic then cos I remember holding a RR printout, and the brain box who used to work in WRC seemed to know what he was talking about. Oh and the guy at the Abarth factory in Turin.

Bad batch.....if you like :rolleyes:

Edit: After being insulted greatly, I take the fifth

Last edited:

Oh yes sorry because I have a 1.4 16v car with no engine mods I know absolutely nothing. Oh no wait maybe I know its just pointless money :idea:

Internet forum hearsay? The internets got mighty realistic then cos I remember holding a RR printout, and the brain box who used to work in WRC seemed to know what he was talking about. Oh and the guy at the Abarth factory in Turin.

You knew this would happen because you made an idiotic comment. And I wasn't insulting you.

Your comment is idiotic because you said:-

"I heard I pretty horrific story about RD and petrol's"

Your slating a company because you heard 1 story which for all you know could could have been a failiure waiting to happen.

:confused: but you was bringing my new cams down :(

It involves a T-jet that isn't actually a T-jet and was recalled to get Abarth Trims put on with some very sexy white turini's of an S2000.

very good detailed explanation:confused:

would expect a highly trained engineer to be able to write a whole report, not just post a riddle :rolleyes: :spin:

You knew this would happen because you made an idiotic comment. And I wasn't insulting you.

Your comment is idiotic because you said:-

"I heard a pretty horrific story about RD and a failure waiting to happen"

Your slating a company because you heard 1 story which for all you know could could have been a failiure waiting to happen.

lol STFU batty boy. Your worse than Cupcake when you get going. Slating. Where am I slating them? I've said more worse stuff about celtic. A failure waiting to happen even tho the problem was explained using....wait for it......the before and after map.

:confused: but you was bringing my new cams down :(

very good detailed explanation:confused:

would expect a highly trained engineer to be able to write a whole report, not just post a riddle :rolleyes: :spin:

It doesnt need a detailed explanation. Its only problem I've heard about RD. Just thought I'd start some banter :tempt:

why dont all tuning companies meet up for a challenge arranged by the Fiat forum, quite sure many forum members would like their car mapped for free;)

Well I dont see any tuners coming foward?

As a forum member would you attend a tuning weekend if FF arranged it?

You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services.

https://www.fiatforum.com/rules.html
In other words, "You may not have an opinion" :p

Dave is correct Beany, the internet, although a wonderful helpful thing, can give some people the wrong impression of a service. Its like me when somene posts "this salesman was a ars*hole when I went to look at a new car, I aint going back there...the whole dealer group & Fiat are wa*kers"...you cant dismiss a company on hearsay or one individual.

The reason we have that rule is so no one can be malicious, obviously if there are repeated reports (with evidence) of bad service then perhaps you should take note & go elsewhere. Just trying to get the real facts across to our forum members thats all(y)

I niether apologies or regret my comments.

However in the future I will side with the company favoured by the forum

Why should you apologise, you have a opinion & we trust you can back that up in some way otherwise people will doubt you. This forum favours no one (well Fiat I guess!) company or tuner, mapper or whatever you prefer to call them.

Your profile :)

Occupation
Trainee Asbestos Surveyor

lol STFU batty boy. Your worse than Cupcake when you get going. Slating. Where am I slating them? I've said more worse stuff about celtic. A failure waiting to happen even tho the problem was explained using....wait for it......the before and after map.

It doesnt need a detailed explanation. Its only problem I've heard about RD. Just thought I'd start some banter :tempt:

"I am a highly trained engineer. I worked on this years Brawn F1 car.
Oh yes sorry because I have a 1.4 16v car with no engine mods I know absolutely nothing. Oh no wait maybe I know its just pointless money" :idea:

Presumably as you have a **** poor 1.4 (Corsa?) you sweep the pits/garage for Ross Brawn? You can't do much else for a BIG money team. The F1 members of the pit crew are paid over £50K each. Mr Brawn can negotiate at least a 20% discount on any nw Ferarri for his staff.

Brawn were paid £1 million pounds a point for the Constructors Championship this year by Bernie Ecclestone - That is £156 MILLION pounds to date with one Grand Prix to go. Enjoy your 1.4 16 valve car as a "highly trained engineer"!!

"I am a highly trained engineer. I worked on this years Brawn F1 car.
Oh yes sorry because I have a 1.4 16v car with no engine mods I know absolutely nothing. Oh no wait maybe I know its just pointless money" :idea:

Presumably as you have a **** poor 1.4 (Corsa?) you sweep the pits/garage for Ross Brawn? You can't do much else for a BIG money team. The F1 members of the pit crew are paid over £50K each. Mr Brawn can negotiate at least a 20% discount on any nw Ferarri for his staff.

Brawn were paid £1 million pounds a point for the Constructors Championship this year by Bernie Ecclestone - That is £156 MILLION pounds to date with one Grand Prix to go. Enjoy your 1.4 16 valve car as a "highly trained engineer"!!

:eek: Wow easy fella not a great 1st Post TBH.

Trust the guy, OK he is something to do with asbestos but maybe he works on fire retardation or something give the lad a break.

I cant say I personally agree with what he Posted but no need to flame him with a 1st Post personal attack eh? (n)

i think its about time some people tried some other companies as Red Dot is at one end of the country and would be better for everyone if several different companies could be reccomended for mapping around the country :)

My dad's mate had his 2.2 civic remapped by Celtic to ~209bhp iirc and its still running strong 2 years later, never had the engine light on, and no black smoke out the back.

You hear lots of good things about Red dot on this forum, and on others- the VXR boys use them i think?

I'm going to be trying RS Tuning in Leeds at some point, so will be able to report back on them aswell :)

Back