Tuning Remap - Ever heard of these guys?

Currently reading:
Tuning Remap - Ever heard of these guys?

Yes heard good things. Check the Skoda Forums they tend to be the favourate with VAG tuners so know a lot about diesels :).

They have a Rolling Road too IIRC so can fully check the map once its on to make sure its fuelling right etc.

i though they had network of dealers so can be good or bad depending

they also have one of them rr that take years to learn how to use acuritly as they caculate everything and adjust for losses/gains. not just wheel to fly wheel

Heard back from Celtic Tuning below

The 1.6 JTD engines we can take from 120bhp up to 150bhp and from 221lbft torque up to 252lbft torque giving a very impressive performance gain and all within safe design tolerance of the engine and drive train components. Reviews of some of our JTD remaps are located here if you should wish to browse: http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/testimonials.aspx

All of our software has been developed using a Dastek 750 rolling road. This ensures performance accuracy, reliability and also that your vehicle is MOT compliant for emissions testing. You can expect to see a 2-5mpg fuel economy improvement once remapped but it is dependant on your driving style, drive accordingly and you will see the gains.

To sound even more stupid is the 1.6 Multijet also know as the 1.6 JTD??

According to their website, my 1.9 120bhp M-Jet can be tuned to 189BHP, yet the 130bhp version tunes to 186bhp, how come mine can supposedly be tuned higher????

Heard from friends that there pretty good for the grande punto. I have also heard many good reports from civic owners with the 2.2 engine

Once they came out the second time did you have any further problems?

Hello mate, they come out second time and put a different map on it then ask me to give them a call if I experance more problem (sounds like they expected it.), I did and gave them a call, then they come out the third time FOC and finally solve the problem.

Have never heard anything good or bad about Celtic that I can add to this thread but I can say that the RD that I'm presuming are a very good bunch and I've never heard nor seen any bad results from them. Have had a number of cars (petrol & diesel) mapped there and all good. Mates have also had work doe there and no complaints.

I'm sure though that all businesses have had their fair share of good and bad but it would be interesting to hear if its something that RD have done themselves or just somebody who has had work done and somethings gone wrong after and the 2 have been unfairly linked?

Back