Red Light on dash NO GEARS available

Currently reading:
Red Light on dash NO GEARS available

Backthetruck

Hi I am new to the Fiat community, I have 2017 Ducato a motorhome 2.3 multi jet 130. We were having a few weeks away enjoying our motorhome and selves, we had just stopped for a lunch break but the seaside. On backing out and driving on there was a crunch sound as if the comfort- matic gear box had missed a change. I found a place to pull over got out and checked around, fluids, etc and could see nothing untoward, restarted to move off and a red light appears on the dash ...saying no gears available..check user manual....the manual says to contact a dealer. Long story but it was onto the tow truck and a complete new clutch assembly was required. Including fly wheel, pressure plate clutch plate and thrust bearing assembly.
The vehicle has 40,000 kilometers from new driven by only one driver.
Has anyone had a similar experience??
To me this seems rather premature failure, I am concerned that I am doing something incorrect. I look forward to any helpful and constructive advice
Cheers Backthetruck

Hi I am new to the Fiat community, I have 2017 Ducato a motorhome 2.3 multi jet 130. We were having a few weeks away enjoying our motorhome and selves, we had just stopped for a lunch break but the seaside. On backing out and driving on there was a crunch sound as if the comfort- matic gear box had missed a change. I found a place to pull over got out and checked around, fluids, etc and could see nothing untoward, restarted to move off and a red light appears on the dash ...saying no gears available..check user manual....the manual says to contact a dealer. Long story but it was onto the tow truck and a complete new clutch assembly was required. Including fly wheel, pressure plate clutch plate and thrust bearing assembly.
The vehicle has 40,000 kilometers from new driven by only one driver.
Has anyone had a similar experience??
To me this seems rather premature failure, I am concerned that I am doing something incorrect. I look forward to any helpful and constructive advice
Cheers Backthetruck

There have been a few..

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/484770-2011-comfort-matic-gearbox-n-only-check-gearbox.html?484770=#post4573028

Usually a minor component fails..

It sounds as if they swapped out all parts showing wear with yours

Last edited:
Back