Abs light

Currently reading:
Abs light

Paul Rico

Hey guys, i have a 2013 fiat Doblo 1.3 multijet and i can’t get the ABS light to go out. The diagnostic test said it was the drivers side front brake censor so i have replaced that and the ABS light is still on. I have paid for a 2nd diagnostic test and its still reading drivers side front brake censor. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as i need the light to go out to get an MOT pass.. Cheers..

Hey guys, i have a 2013 fiat Doblo 1.3 multijet and i can’t get the ABS light to go out. The diagnostic test said it was the drivers side front brake censor so i have replaced that and the ABS light is still on. I have paid for a 2nd diagnostic test and its still reading drivers side front brake censor. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as i need the light to go out to get an MOT pass.. Cheers..
There is lots to read online about this, basically if your sensor is triggered by a magnetic ring in the wheel bearing which is common, it only needs a magnetised screwdriver to touch the surface to destroy it.
It could also be a break in the wires to the sensor.
If the ABS code once deleted comes on straight away as soon as ignition is turned on then it is a type that runs a voltage down one wire a through the sensor back to the ABS computer. If careful it can be read from a multimeter at the disconnected plug to check for breaks in the wiring.
Some sensors can be checked for continuity using a Ohm setting on your multimeter. Photo below is a tester I got at a Mechanics show some years ago to test the bearing type magnetic ring for damage. It is possible to damage them simply by poking a screwdriver down the hole where the ABS sensor fits when replacing the old sensor, once damaged then only a new wheel bearing carefully fitted is the answer.
"The two basic types are active and passive ABS Sensors. Active sensors need an external energy source to operate and are designed for toothed/magnetic encoder wheels. There are also two types of active sensors, Hall sensors and Magneto Resistive sensors."

Attachments

• DSCF1088.JPG
    DSCF1088.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 26
All good advice , I had a similar issue on my Hyundia and it turned out to be a barely visible crack in one of the sensor rings disrupting the signal! tripping the warning! hope you find a simple and easy solution!.

Back