Technical Red cog exclamation mark automatic transmission light

Currently reading:
Technical Red cog exclamation mark automatic transmission light

Mikemike77

Fiat Panda dualogic just started to flash automatic transmission light and then goes out. I have the hill holder warning and the orange triangle keep flashing up but have been told it’s an electrical fault as just got new battery. Had a break switch done about five years ago and I always seem to be replacing light bulbs. I think the faulty break switch put car in limp mode before with automatic transmission light constantly flashing but thought these lasted for ages. Is it safe to drive with brief intermittent flashing red light as it’s on and off in seconds

I don't doubt someone with far more experience will correct me - but, until an expert comments, I'd suggest checking to make sure there's a healthy earth, and also ensuring there's enough AT fluid.

Not sure if there's a fluid sensor (again, someone with more experience on this model will say), but, from experience on other vehicles, any inertia on the vehicle, angles etc, trips the sensor when the fluid is lower than it should be. When the fluid is all out, then the light remains on.

As for safe, A car that doesn't go forwards isn't an issue, it's when you can't stop - now that's a problem. I'm sure it's safe. Whether there's some damage going on somewhere through use, that's different. Fuel, Oil, Water, Air - a lack of these 3 will cause issues. Fuel and Air - it will forgive. Oil and water, it won't.

If you can get fault codes, I don't doubt, someone can help more.

Back