General Recommendations For Brakes

Currently reading:
General Recommendations For Brakes

Guerciotti

Hi,

The wife's 1.2 500 (64k km) will need some new front brake disks soon (there is a lip on the disks although the brake pads look ok I'll replace these as well).

Any recommendations on what brand / type to get? The current ones are solid but at the online parts store they have ventilated as well.

Thanks

Hi,

The wife's 1.2 500 (64k km) will need some new front brake disks soon (there is a lip on the disks although the brake pads look ok I'll replace these as well).

Any recommendations on what brand / type to get? The current ones are solid but at the online parts store they have ventilated as well.

Thanks

Ventilated are more for the Abarth. I buy whatever is cheapest at the time. Pagid seems to be a top choice. Pads and discs are consumables on these cars anyway so I always think it’s a bit pointless spending loads.

You can't replace solid with vented, unless you also change calipers, caliper mounts, and possible the front hub carrier. So replace like for like.

Pagid is a good brand, owned by one of the top friction manufacturers. Ferodo and Brembo are also top names, but usually higher prices.

If you see anythiing else, and are not sure, ask here stating the brand name.

Pagid is great as the discs come painted so the centres don't go rusty like the uncoated ones from other brands. Also means they're not covered in oil so you do need to mess about with brake cleaner when fitting them.

Back