General Recommend Parking Sensors?

Currently reading:
General Recommend Parking Sensors?

I've got a TwinAir on order for March 1st delivery and wondered if anyome had any thoughts as to whether the parking sensors are a good thing or not worth it. The dealer could fit them next week if need be.

My wife and I managed for years without them, and in some awkward shaped cars, but I do find them useful in my car.

Am I just being lazy?

They can come in handy, I parked in town today in a very small spot without any bother at all, I could have still got the car in without them but it would have taken a lot longer.
I would not pay more than a few pounds for them...I got my ones from ebay for £15 and fitted them myself. [ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parking-Reversing-Sensors-4-Sensor-Kit-Audio-Buzzer-UK-/370220974282?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5632e3c0ca#ht_2939wt_827"]Here is the link to buy them[/ame]
You can see them here.
5415186125_c025024dbf.jpg

Last edited:
They can come in handy, I parked in town today in a very small spot without any bother at all, I could have still got the car in without them but it would have taken a lot longer.
I would not pay more than a few pounds for them...I got my ones from ebay for £15 and fitted them myself.
You can see them here.
5415186125_c025024dbf.jpg
Very impressive you managed to install the parking beepers yourself. Any chance you can make a quick guide how to install them? I assume you removed your bumper, make some holes, paint sensors same color as your car and put them in? :rolleyes:

No need to take the bumper off and no need to paint the sensors as my car is black and so are they. The company on eBay sell lots of colours so onemay match your car.
The drill comes with the kit also.
All I did was drilled the holes took the light out and wired the control box to the reversing light, Put sensors in and I was done.
It did not take long.
The bad bit is drilling into a new cars bumper but once you get over that it's easy.

Interesting and thanks for that- what a good neat job.

I agree that with sensors you might go for smaller parking spaces than you would otherwise. You might also save the car from an annoying minor prang.

Wouldn't be without my factory fitted ones. They cover the rear quarters as well as the back and are sensitive enough to pick up shrubery as well as solid objects.

Already saved me a few times. (y)

Apart from the questionable need for sensors on such a small, if bulbous (Panda owner) car - my question about parking in really tight spots is not whether or not I can do it, but whether or not the drivers in front and behind will bother to get out without a nudge/scrape - which defeats the object.

Apart from the questionable need for sensors on such a small, if bulbous (Panda owner) car - my question about parking in really tight spots is not whether or not I can do it, but whether or not the drivers in front and behind will bother to get out without a nudge/scrape - which defeats the object.

(y)

Exactly :) I never park in tight spots, you might take car to get in, but are the other people going to be as careful? I just drive around till I find a decent spot and I'll happily walk rather than have my car damaged.

(y)

Exactly :) I never park in tight spots, you might take car to get in, but are the other people going to be as careful? I just drive around till I find a decent spot and I'll happily walk rather than have my car damaged.

Yes but you do live in the asre end of nowhere - try your approach if you live in the South East of England and you might as well start living in your car permanently.

Last edited:
Hi Kay

Fitted the Parking Dynamic sensor to my wife's 500. Excellent product, easy to fit (you need to remove the bumper)and totally unobtrusive.

Plus, if or when you sell your car, remove the control box and wiring, leave the old antenna strip on the bumper and buy a new antenna from Parking Dynamics. Fit to new car.

No drilling lovely bumper, no sensors for scrotes to pull out, no paint match .....no brainer!

Pat

TBH, we always found the factory fitted sensors were far more accurate and reliable than the aftermarket kit we were supplied to fit on PDI.

At the end of the day, even if you don't want them, the person looking to buy your car in the future may be willing to buy yours over one without sensors. It's whether you'll eventually recoup the cost (and profit from it) by having them now.

Hi Kay

Fitted the Parking Dynamic sensor to my wife's 500. Excellent product, easy to fit (you need to remove the bumper)and totally unobtrusive.

Plus, if or when you sell your car, remove the control box and wiring, leave the old antenna strip on the bumper and buy a new antenna from Parking Dynamics. Fit to new car.

No drilling lovely bumper, no sensors for scrotes to pull out, no paint match .....no brainer!

Pat

Cool.. Did you buy it from that site or is it cheaper elsewhere?

From Parking Dynamics.

Worth asking for a discount when phoning, I think I got 10% off for sheer cheek.

Back