Recommend me a printer

Currently reading:
Recommend me a printer

Hi folks!

Can you recommend me a printer please? The one at my parents house has packed up :( Used to using Epson (Stylus) printers - the machine is only used for printing documents not photographs anymore. Need one that is reasonable on the cartridges too. :) I have noticed some nice ones but the ink seems to be as expensive to replace :confused:

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

i got a hp c6180, reasonable price, and only have to buy individual colours when needed, the 6 pack of inks are available on ebay for half shop price, and you get 150 photo papers, if you ever do them.

I seriously can't recommend anything epson. On our site in my last job we have roughly equal numbers of HP and Epson colour deskjets and I very rarely had to touch the HP ones were as the Epsons were a pain would randomly stop printing due to blocked heads.

I can't fault a decent lexmark printer quality wise but consumables cost a bloody fortune.

aye, mine used to clog from time to time - but running it through the cleaning program sorted it, and if they're used to Epsons, they'd be used to doing that!

Try to avoid 'new' models as the consumables are inevitably expensive.

I use an old HP laser for mono work (cost me £15 on eBay, came with a full toner cartridge, replacements cost £11). It does about 100 sheets per day and has never had a fault in 18 months of use.

For colour printing I got an HP1100d (business inkjet) for £15 (again eBay). Got a continuous ink system for it (£50) and it's paid for itself ages ago.

20-50 sheets per day and the running costs (when I last figured it out) came to 0.7p per colour page.

No new printer can match these figures!!!

I run a Tally 8008 Colour Laser, the cartridges last for ages, and are cheap if you buy the odd 2nd hand printer :D :D

Hey Kelly, does that old laserjet use EPS cartridges ;)

Trev

Back