Recommend me a printer

Currently reading:
Recommend me a printer

Charlotte

Bling
Hi folks!

Can you recommend me a printer please? The one at my parents house has packed up :( Used to using Epson (Stylus) printers - the machine is only used for printing documents not photographs anymore. Need one that is reasonable on the cartridges too. :) I have noticed some nice ones but the ink seems to be as expensive to replace :confused:

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

i got a hp c6180, reasonable price, and only have to buy individual colours when needed, the 6 pack of inks are available on ebay for half shop price, and you get 150 photo papers, if you ever do them.

arc

this is where i stand
I seriously can't recommend anything epson. On our site in my last job we have roughly equal numbers of HP and Epson colour deskjets and I very rarely had to touch the HP ones were as the Epsons were a pain would randomly stop printing due to blocked heads.

I can't fault a decent lexmark printer quality wise but consumables cost a bloody fortune.

Focus Owner

is rather bored
i like my cannon ip4000

indervidual inc cartrages
and a fixed print head
also dosent mind being used on no ink in unused tanks

arc

this is where i stand
there is a difference between home and office use tho, and for home use i dont think you can much cheaper than 69p a cart!

there is a difference between home and office use tho, and for home use i dont think you can much cheaper than 69p a cart!

Very true and there not too bad I think its just if they get left idle for any period of time.

arc

this is where i stand
aye, mine used to clog from time to time - but running it through the cleaning program sorted it, and if they're used to Epsons, they'd be used to doing that!

kellys_eye

Try to avoid 'new' models as the consumables are inevitably expensive.

I use an old HP laser for mono work (cost me £15 on eBay, came with a full toner cartridge, replacements cost £11). It does about 100 sheets per day and has never had a fault in 18 months of use.

For colour printing I got an HP1100d (business inkjet) for £15 (again eBay). Got a continuous ink system for it (£50) and it's paid for itself ages ago.

20-50 sheets per day and the running costs (when I last figured it out) came to 0.7p per colour page.

No new printer can match these figures!!!

OP
OP
C

Charlotte

Bling

udtrev

Twin Turbo powered :-)
I run a Tally 8008 Colour Laser, the cartridges last for ages, and are cheap if you buy the odd 2nd hand printer :D :D

Hey Kelly, does that old laserjet use EPS cartridges ;)

Trev