Technical Rebuild of caliper - refitting the new dust boot?

Currently reading:
Technical Rebuild of caliper - refitting the new dust boot?

Fiatswe

Hello everyone!
The rear caliper for my moms Bravo seemed to have jammed, so I decided to inspect it thoroughly and do a rebuild myself.

Does anyone know how to refit the new dust boot? it seems like the old one was glued together with the caliper?
I did get the new one in place and I've even taken the car for a test drive. But, I am worried the new dust boot won't seal 100%.

It was actually the arm for the hand brake at the back of the caliper, that was causing the brake to jam for anyones interest.
And yeah, I know this section is for Stilo's, but I thought maybe the Bravo is too new for someone to have rebuilt a caliper on those (since they share the same caliper).
Cheers:)

thanks for the video! I figured it out eventually (well actually, the store where I bought the kit from helped me out). I was gonna post an update but forgot to do so.
There's a metal-ring that you'll need to remove. I couldn't find a way that it would fit with the new dust-cover, so I just got rid of it. So far its seems to have held itself in place.
But yeah, the problem with the brakes being stuck, was most likely due to the handbrake mechanism. There's a small rubber-ring that fits quite thightly beneath the handbrake arm, at the back of the caliper. Probably doesn't take much grease for the mechanism to get stuck. I cleaned this area up and replaced the rubber ring that came with the kit.
DSC_0142.jpg

Last edited:
Back