Technical Rear wiper not working...

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper not working...

d34noj

I'm getting old...
My rear wiper doesn't work - it's not worked since I bought it, but as i'm trying to get everything working again (including the rain, parking & light sensors!) i'm gonna try and fix it! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be?

Also the car squeals until warm (which I think is the fan belt) is it easy to sort on an Abarth as it looks a bit tight down there!

Cheers in advance!:)

My rear wiper doesn't work - it's not worked since I bought it, but as i'm trying to get everything working again (including the rain, parking & light sensors!) i'm gonna try and fix it! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be?

Also the car squeals until warm (which I think is the fan belt) is it easy to sort on an Abarth as it looks a bit tight down there!

Cheers in advance!:)

Fuse :confused:

See if you get the interior plastic backing off the inside of the tailgate, you may be able to investigate what's up. It's easy enough to remove as I've recently found out...two bolts and then carefully pry off at the corners as it's held on with plastic pop catches.

When you get it off, may be able to find out if it's a loose connection or perhaps needing a new motor.

Other than that, perhaps a person with more know how can help.

Cheers for that, wasn't sure if there was something that happens with most Stilo's or if i'm just unlucky
I think you are unlucky. The usual problem with the rear wiper is it not coming on when you select reverse gear, and that is due to a failed reverse light switch. Also, you dont have a boot open warning do you? If the boot is open, or the ECU thinks it is open, the rear wiper will be disabled.

Back