• Heck Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

60s

Howdy,

The tailgate wiper has packed in on my Punto Evo '11 - Feelin Good.

Haynes is a bit vague at best on boot trim removal so I can get at the motor at test/replace it.

Before I dive in, has anyone got any pointers for tricky fasteners to look out for in the process of removing panels to save me cracking, snapping or tearing anything?

Also, as the Eurocarparts price is eye-watering, I'm taking a guess that a scrap Grande Punto (Gen 3 Punto) onwards wiper motor will do the trick as a replacement part?

Cheers for the assist.

Howdy,

The tailgate wiper has packed in on my Punto Evo '11 - Feelin Good.

Haynes is a bit vague at best on boot trim removal so I can get at the motor at test/replace it.

Before I dive in, has anyone got any pointers for tricky fasteners to look out for in the process of removing panels to save me cracking, snapping or tearing anything?

Also, as the Eurocarparts price is eye-watering, I'm taking a guess that a scrap Grande Punto (Gen 3 Punto) onwards wiper motor will do the trick as a replacement part?

Cheers for the assist.

removing the trim is relatively simple there is 1 screw in the handle of the trim once that is removed I find it easiest to start from the bottom edge on one of the corners pulling it off and then work my way along that then tackle the rest.

It is held on by clips I've removed it a few times i've not been that careful doing so and I haven't broke one yet.

looking on eBay they seem to be the same unit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Gra...h=item442f492e5d:g:UKUAAOSwi6NbnD5c:rk:5:pf:0

shop4parts has them new and cheaper than euro car parts

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=3002&sku=42163

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi.
In my experience with the motors playing up..

It is the spindle.. goes from the wiper arm .. down through the tailgate... and into the motor casing.

It goes rusty..'grows'in diameter.. and then locks itself into the alloy tube it is supposed to be freely mounted in...

I made a basic GUIDE in the marea section.. charlie

Reactions: 60s
Hi again...

Motor out and checked...seems ok from multimeter checks. :-/

Before stripping the motor, any ideas what fuse the Fiat Punto Evo rear wiper motor uses? (fuse number, not rating)

Back