Technical Rear wiper motor - mk1. Is mk2 motor compatible?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper motor - mk1. Is mk2 motor compatible?

brom

I have a 2009 Dynamic 120, and the rear wiper has packed up.
I have always disliked the fact that the rear wiper works full-time, so one has to keep switching it on and off. Intermittent wipe would be so much more useful.

I believe the Mk2 (2010 onwards), does have intermittent wipe, so was wondering if a Mk2 would fit and work on the Mk1?

Has anyone tried this? Or would a Qubo motor fit (that also is intermittent).

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks for that. It appears the motor is kaput. £150 for new genuine, or about £60 for new copy.
I don't know about the Mk2 - never owned one - but I can see that if it had Constant AND Intermittent, you'll need a different control. Or is Intermittent its only setting on the Mk2?

The Qubo, (we have one of those as well), has only intermittent for its rear wiper, but whether the motor is compatible with the Mk1 Doblo is unknown (to me - and my garage).

Maybe try and compare part numbers..?
The forums copy of ePER is probably too old

But a comparison on a reputable FIAT site like Shop4parts... or Partsworld may
Help identify what options are open to you

Somebody on here fitted a new motor within last 6 months.. did your Search find useful info in that conversation?

My old 169 panda cross rear wiper only worked as intermittent…unless applying windscreen wash and stayed on continuous as long as you were using the wash…I don’t know if this is an aboration but, wehn I swapped out the rear hatch, for a used standard panda one (the wife reversed into a tree branch and it was a pig of a job) I didn’t notice any change in wiring numbers or colours, which suggests some motors are continuous, some intermittent and not reliant on a separate relay

If someone reminds me tomorrow I’ll check the wiper motor in the barn…the hatch came with everything like motor, handles and catches in a bag, I have no idea why they stripped it just to sell it with its ancillaries, but that’s exactly what they did with a 4x4 bumper I got off eBay, some sellers are weird

Aha…didn’t need to go to barn as had taken photos so you can check part numbers
1676130353776.jpeg

1676130298503.jpeg

On my old marea £200 jtd project

The front wpers wouldnt park..or do intermittent

Local yard had 2 bravas..

Both were Denso.. mine was Marelli

Plugs looked similar..so I paid my £8 and took a chance

Bolted and plugged perfectly

AND WORKED FLAWLESSLY.. weird eh..!!

On my old marea £200 jtd project

The front wpers wouldnt park..or do intermittent

Local yard had 2 bravas..

Both were Denso.. mine was Marelli

Plugs looked similar..so I paid my £8 and took a chance

Bolted and plugged perfectly

AND WORKED FLAWLESSLY.. weird eh..!!
Same with the old mk2 ducato, denso wiper motor replaced with a marelli, alternator was marelli, replaced with bosch, headlight was carrello replaced with a valeo

Many thanks for your advice, everyone. The prices charged are amazingly different - I have just ordered a Magneti Marelli - having checked it is compatible with my Dobbie - for £21.99. SG Petch wanted £174 for a Genuine Fiat part!
Will see how it goes...

Back