General Rear Wheel Camber

Currently reading:
General Rear Wheel Camber

Zak1991

Just before christmas i had a accident in a car park (n) (other drivers fault)
My car has got a scuffed bumper, little dent in the 1/4 panel and the d/s rear wheel took abit of a knock.
Now i have gone through my insurance before am not too fault as the other driver was coming up a one way system the wrong way lmao
Just car clinic - my insurance's chosen repair look at the car and said it need the bumper re-spray, 1/4 panel needs rolling out and re-spray too.
They said they will put it on a laser alinement to see if they is more damage with the rear.
They informed my insurance my car is un-driveable because of the damaged wheel so i got a loan car ( colt 1.3 08 plate = S***e lol) Now my insurance want the colt back because the other drive is saying it wasn't him then when my insurance proved he was driving he is now saying that there was no contact :bang:
So colt goes back 2moz and i have still got insurance on my, i am currently at college training to be a mechainic but only on level one atm.

My question is what parts do you guys think could be damaged to cause positive camber ?

So a possible bent rear beam then ?

Its a 2001, is there any thing different between SPI rear beam and MPI rear beam ?

Thanks
Zak

Phoned them earlier that have applied for CCTV to prove that damaged was caused by him + witness Reg to chased too .... when he hit me he just drove off so i chased him for about 1/2 mile around a service station (y) got him in the end and took his keys off him so he couldn't go again but by then the witness had gone :mad:.

i don't think 'Just car clinic' will get a rear beam from scrappies, are they still available new ? how much if so ?

Cheers
Zak

So a possible bent rear beam then ?

Its a 2001, is there any thing different between SPI rear beam and MPI rear beam ?

Thanks
Zak

If the other car didn't impact with you, it is nothing to do with their insurance, even if they were going the wrong way.

By the time your repairers add a new beam and or arm along with a new wheel, tyre, painting and rolling etc, you car is a goner.

Cheers

SPD

Sorry if i wasn't clear, The car (Pug 406) did make contact with me, his wheel hit me not his bodywork.

So far its something like £450 for the bumper+1/4 panel repair

Value about £1200 for the car as in good condition (Pre-accident)

Thanks Zak

Sorry if i wasn't clear, The car (Pug 406) did make contact with me, his wheel hit me not his bodywork.

So far its something like £450 for the bumper+1/4 panel repair

Value about £1200 for the car as in good condition (Pre-accident)

Thanks Zak

I think your valuation is a bit high and they will only go to about 75% of value, so, at best, you've not got a lot in hand.

Cheers

SPD

rear beams out of fiat were a fraction under £300 when i looked on eper in august 09... add onto that the strip down and rebuild cost then if anything wont come off and needs to be bought... if your a stage 1 spanner monkey mate then id urge you to do it yourself anyway ;) i was rebuilding things much bigger than cinqs when i was studying! best way to learn is to take it apart :)

Sounds like its going to be a write off anyway just waiting for my insurance to book it in for the estimate of damage.

If i get the chance i will be buying it back off my insurance as a project car :rolleyes:

Zak

Back