Technical Rear suspension - Tool question

Currently reading:
Technical Rear suspension - Tool question

Im leaning that way.. ;)

Been 'hands on' for 40 years..

Got relatively pricey stuff Ive used ONCE and cheap sets Ive only ever used half of.

I tend to buy 'inexpensive' ( no bling and no poorly finished stuff..)

My philosophy is : if you use it enough to find its limitations.. it has justified spending top dollar on its replacement :)

At my age Ive inherited as much stuff as I've bought..

( but the younger generation dont know which end of the spanner to hold.. :eek:

That maybe isnt always bad.. ;) )

Aye, back in the early 70’s I stared off as a mechanic and when the oil beckoned me I was off. I started off with a decent set in my tool box and still have some left, but like yourself I’ve tended to buy budget tools, in saying that over the years the odd time I had no choice other than go for a decent name. Of course I have indeed picked up some really good bargains along the way. :D

Regarding the young team, it’s a different way of life owning a vehicle. Leasing and the like make for a lot of ownership, so anything needing done, it’s back to the garage. Young men are growing up in a situation of non car information due to family life, or the lack of, if you know what I mean. I learned from my male relations when I was growing up. Schools seem to lack any mechanics learning. Of course modern vehicles are difficult to work on at times as you need the proper devises etc. There are many scenarios, but apart from a few, the young team don’t have the same interest it seems to me, now this not a criticism at all merely just what I see.

Regarding the young team, it’s a different way of life owning a vehicle. Leasing and the like make for a lot of ownership, so anything needing done, it’s back to the garage
There are many scenarios, but apart from a few, the young team don’t have the same interest it seems to me, now this not a criticism at all merely just what I see.

They have no mechanical interest..
but where I would pay an electrician.. or PC Repair shop..
they spend at a garage..

Probably a fair trade.. they should earn more too :)

Back