Technical Flumoxed by clanging rear suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Flumoxed by clanging rear suspension

I've just had a pry bar around the axle bushes but cant get any metal on metal noises, just rubbery creaks. I don't see what else it could be though, I suppose it needs a big load to make its clanks.

Anyway, at least it is nice and sunny! All i need now is an open top eh? :) I might take a can opener/angle grinder to the roof if the car gives me any more problems lol.
i would not expect you could exert that much pressure with a pry bar but it will give you some idea if there is movement, these should be pretty solid with very little movement at all

the grande cabrio already exists they just never put it into production probably because it was a weird mash up of a 2 seater with a metal folding roof and pick up type back/load area.

They also did a mk2 two cabrio that met the same fate and never went into production.

The mk1 one is the only, the original and the best punto cabrio ;)

of if you want a really good practical cabriolet that is not too expensive, good spec and plenty of parts availability and knowledge... get a Golf Cabriolet Like I did for my daily driver :D

Attachments

• 318726943_532476a3ae_b.jpg
    318726943_532476a3ae_b.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 7
i would not expect you could exert that much pressure with a pry bar but it will give you some idea if there is movement, these should be pretty solid with very little movement at all

I couldn't move the bushes much. Comparing the new shocks on this car to the old shocks on my EVO i can see there is a difference in ride height of about 8-10cm. So the new shocks are going through a longer stroke, this is impacting somehow on the axel bushes I guess.

the grande cabrio already exists they just never put it into production probably because it was a weird mash up of a 2 seater with a metal folding roof and pick up type back/load area.

It looks great from the front, its only when I saw it from the side that I thought oh dear

They also did a mk2 two cabrio that met the same fate and never went into production.

The mk1 one is the only, the original and the best punto cabrio ;)

Your mk1 cab does look good. I'm not sure of your timescales, but it'd be nice if you could get it finished before the end of summer. Then get some drone footage as you drive along a sunny beach or along the side of a mountain. It would be a fitting end to a grand project to have a cinematic view :)

of if you want a really good practical cabriolet that is not too expensive, good spec and plenty of parts availability and knowledge... get a Golf Cabriolet Like I did for my daily driver :D

I'm quite attached to the Grande Puntos/EVOs, this may change over time but as I plan on buying another GP/EVO that's a few years away. Maybe I'll turn to the angle grinder to make my own open top after all :D

Back