Technical Rear demister not working

Currently reading:
Technical Rear demister not working

Edgie70

Hi all , my rear demister on my 08 t jet has stopped working , the light on the switch on the dash lights up and the door mirrors get hot , I've checked if there is a feed at the window connectors and there isn't , the connectors are still fixed to the window too , anyone any ideas , thanks in advance , Dave

Hi all , my rear demister on my 08 t jet has stopped working , the light on the switch on the dash lights up and the door mirrors get hot , I've checked if there is a feed at the window connectors and there isn't , the connectors are still fixed to the window too , anyone any ideas , thanks in advance , Dave

Hi Dave.

Worth checking the wiring in the rubber sock on the hatch pivot.

Cables can stress and fracture. :(

Otherwise use SEARCH.. in 'advanced'

Bound to have been covered many times in last 12 years.. ;)

Charlie

Probably ...

Attachments

• boot repair kit.jpg
    boot repair kit.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for your replies , I've got it working, I checked for a live at the fuse which was ok , then I checked to see if the wire in the loom was live which it was , I checked with my test lamp if there was a feed on the connector soldered to the glass which there wasn't , I took off the terminal and that was live , I cleaned the bit soldered to the window and now it's heating up , I'll keep my eye on it , cheers

So just a poor connection between the loom and the glass's connector tab ??

Yeah, sounds like !

electrical circuit need a correct path to bring power to consumer, negative is very often involved in faults since it's comon to ALL electric devices in the car, BUT positive can also be the culprit in some occasion, as here ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back