rear bumper issue

Currently reading:
rear bumper issue

arronsmith

hey, new here.. so i think i managed to post this in the wrong forum originally... sorry about that!

So yeah i share my punto with my little bro... and whilst walking to the boot today i've noticed that the rear bumpers come off on the right hand side, the screw is not attahed as the pic shows, but the bumper is still sturdy. (the left hand side is fine)

So i quizzed him and predictably get the "no idea it wasnt me" story.

i was just wondering is it possible for me to get it into place somehow, and how anyone thinks it has happened(not there is no damage to the car or no sign of any damage)

Attached a pic so people can see what i mean.

Hope you can help me.

Attachments

• grr.jpg
    grr.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Hi! He may have bumped another car whilst reversing intot tight gap, as there's no way the bumper would droop like that over night. It happened at low speed whatever it was as it hasn't scuffed or damaged the paint. What you want to do is remove the wheel arch liner. It should only be held in with a few clips and screws and have a look behind the wheel arch to see what is broken or cracked. Opening the rear hatch might help too. It will most likely be a cracked or broken bracket. This could be mended by using a fiber glass kit with resin to make a new bracket, or you could take it to a bodyshop. This would be reasonably inexpensive however as it wouldn't require any extensive work, just a little fabricating :)

Looks pretty bad mate... it seems a bit weird though that it's possible to actually dislodge the bumper without making any marks on it.

This is along the lines of what i need to be asking, is it feasible to take the bumper off yourself, or is it the job of a bodyshop?

Regards

Back