Styling Re Spray

Currently reading:
Styling Re Spray

£2K for a reasonable job seems spot on. I was £700 for the front and the read, excluding bumper. Paintwork is EXPENSIVE.

Damage repair is actually no really considered when quoting as it's taken car of quite easily, in comparison to a pain job.

My only advice is to haggle like hell, "I don't need a VAT receipt", "do you do homers?" etc. Another thing to remember is, if you're paying top dollar, expect excellent work. Don't let them away with anything you're not 100% happy with

Last edited:
Thanks all. I was expecting 1500 tops! But both quotes were for a strip down both bumpers off etc so a lot of work when I think of it!! Now do I think she is worth it is the thing? as I will never get that back!! May be worth a trip to Cyprus KC3!!:)

Chris

I got 2 quotes about a year and a half ago... 2500 for the B. So your price seems about right. Nowadays they have to use water based paints apparently, so the prepwork is more... but that could just be 'talk'. Anyway the quote seems to tie in with my UK quote. However, I didn't go ahead with it... instead opting to drive to Poland for a week's break and whilst there get the whole car painted for £428 pounds. Was a good job too.. until a lorry on the A3 carrying rubble scattered stones over the bonnet after a couple of months! :mad:

Hi Beacon - did you try Moto-Craft in Pudsey? I just saw a write up on detailingworld for them and everyone sings their praises: DW, Pistonheads, JCT Brooklands...

Might be worth the drive round the ring road to see how much they would charge....

Sorry I can't send you the link; I'm a luddite but look for the thread on DW about "back from bodyshop" posted in the last few days!

I have been quoted just £1500. or if I do the prep work myself £700 ish. However the prep work is so hard as I took that option.

Man I have muscles now!!!! rub rub rub.... Paint paint rub rub....

£1500 to 2K is about right. If you have a metalic like silver then 2K is about right.

Depends on how you want to go.

I got mine done for 350. Front bumper, bonnet, front wings including repair of damage. It was just a spray on top of the original paintwork but mine was so badly stone-chipped it looked great afterwards.

I'd go back to the same place to do the rest. I'm far from an expert but on my cheap to buy B it made sense and looked very good. 2.5K is more than my car cost so I'm happy with the results.

Back