Rattly twin pipe :(

Currently reading:
Rattly twin pipe :(

Moog75

Hello peeps. Any of you lot got any experience with twin pipes rattling away on a back box? as my VXon lot haven't got the foggiest how to help on this.

Just started last week, I've got the stainless mongoose system on the right in the pic below, the twin ovals are knocking like a right biatch.
Any aftermarket chocks or seperators I can get or will a quick tack from the MIG welder help?

Thanks in advance for the help (y)

vxs005x2ga.jpg

Moog75 said:
Hello peeps. Any of you lot got any experience with twin pipes rattling away on a back box? as my VXon lot haven't got the foggiest how to help on this.

Just started last week, I've got the stainless mongoose system on the right in the pic below, the twin ovals are knocking like a right biatch.
Any aftermarket chocks or seperators I can get or will a quick tack from the MIG welder help?

Thanks in advance for the help (y)

vxs005x2ga.jpg
the resonators have come adrift inside the exit pipes. personally i would pull them out, but you could tack them back in. are you sure its those rattling and not the silencer box?
your vauxhall mates are a bunch of numpties eh? :)

all you have to do is ping them to see where the rattle is. iam sure its the internal resonator/restrictor[as shown in the picture]:)

sumplug said:
your vauxhall mates are a bunch of numpties eh? :)

Be nice now :) nah most have big bores and cherry bombs me thinks ;)

Thanks for the VERY QUICK reply guys.
Deninately the pipes that are loose and not the resonators (tempoary chocked with some rubber) so looks like a welding job (cheers Mr Watson) but atleast it's gonna be cheap :)

Thanks again peeps (y)

Just a little update.
The weld between the left pipe and the back is slighly loose, about a 2 inch play :eek: I'm amazed that there's no hole in it.

Anyway, new box on the way....thank jolly for a 15 year warranty :D

Back