Random Knowledge

Currently reading:
Random Knowledge

gregit

Anyone notice the difference in spacing between the cats eyes on the left of the carrageway to those on the right? Especially on a motorway???

I was told this evening that the cats eyes on the left hand side are closer together than those on the right and on a motorway they get further apart. Not believing this, on the way home I drove over the cats eyes and found this to be true!!!

Apparently it was something to do with a government scheme from the 70's about letting blind people drive!!! Apparently they never thought about junctions and everything else that goes with driving, but hey ho, there you go, some manic left over rules from the 70's Different spacing for cats eyes. Bizarre.

And did you also know that Rod Hull only fell off the roof, because he had his arm up emu's backside at the time of the incident.

And it gets even more bizarre...

He slipped, not because he was working with one arm, but the flippin bird bit him on the face.

You would have thought he would have realised that thing was vicious after attacking so many celeb's over the years :rolleyes:

Just a little bit of fun really, I was a little drunk last night when I made that one up... :D

there's some new cats eyes getting installed all over the country that charge up during the day and actually illuminate at night. solar powered cats eyes! someone has complained in durham because their daughter suffered an epileptic fit looking at them. imagine if that happens to drivers! :eek:

there's some new cats eyes getting installed all over the country that charge up during the day and actually illuminate at night. solar powered cats eyes! someone has complained in durham because their daughter suffered an epileptic fit looking at them. imagine if that happens to drivers! :eek:

But you can not be an active epileptic and drive still..can you?

in my opinion you shouldnt be allowed to drive if flashy lights can cause you to fit. as blu said there's planty of other ways it could be triggered. but i dont know about the law. i know a guy who drives and he's so bad he cant play computer games (although we forced him to play tony hawks back in 99 and he survived) but i dont know if he has declared his medicals to dvla.

in my opinion you shouldnt be allowed to drive if flashy lights can cause you to fit. as blu said there's planty of other ways it could be triggered. but i dont know about the law. i know a guy who drives and he's so bad he cant play computer games (although we forced him to play tony hawks back in 99 and he survived) but i dont know if he has declared his medicals to dvla.

:eek: That's pretty dodgy eh!

I would imagine that if he doesn't declare it and fit's whilst driving, the insurance company won't be too happy about it.

My mate had a fit and couldn't drive until she was clear, I think she had to be clear for 2 years. But she never bothered applying again, as she didn't feel in herself, that she wanted to take the risk, even though she was clear of the fits.

Funny piece of information for you... in France they are extrememly cautious about Epileptics behind the wheel. a few years back theere was a speight of accidents with people driving through vinyards... they had an epilepsy warning around certain times of the day where the sun was low...

the strobing effect that was created by low sun through the vinyards became really dangerous.

Back