General rally mk2 1.2 8v punto project

Currently reading:
General rally mk2 1.2 8v punto project

HJFLPuntoProject

hi guys, me a a small group of mates want to begin a project on a 1.2l 8v punt to turn it into a beginner rally car. Any ideas on how to get a bit more power from the engine. We will be posting updates on the project here also.

hi guys, me a a small group of mates want to begin a project on a 1.2l 8v punt to turn it into a beginner rally car. Any ideas on how to get a bit more power from the engine. We will be posting updates on the project here also.
Decat / sports cat
Get rid of exhaust restrictions
The 8v 60hp can take the mk1 75hp cams to make a little more bang for your buck

Maybe a port flow and poilishing, but tbh its not the best engine for power.....

The best bet is if its gonna be a genuine rally cat (non road legal for example)

Id be dropping a 1.4 16v engine in
Or if you can go diesel- the 1.3 multijet engine and enjoy torque vs revs

The 8v box aint up for the task, weak diffs

Ziggy

Thank you for the help.:)

Do you know any suppliers of punto performance parts or will most of the parts have to be custom?

I think i am going to try and fit a 1.4 16v t-jet engine into it and i know i need better rear brakes, is there any way i can fit disk brakes onto the rear?

Have a look a catcams,kent cam etc for a better camshaft and a bigger exhaust helps a lot. And if you got the time a lighter flywheel.

But i would spend some time on the rest of the car first. Nice suspension, brakes and a nice seat

Back