Technical radio -'wait' message-help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical radio -'wait' message-help!!!

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Please help code required....

Hi there would be mega grateful if someone could help me out. Brought a Fiat Idea 2005 and had to get a new battery and NO one has been able to help me with the code....

the details on the unit are BP 7 643 383 316

Id be eternally grateful, I brought it as a run about and don't really wanna spend any more money on a new stereo plus the fitting are rather unusual!

Thanks again

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but it's worth a shot. If there is a better location for this post, please shout.

I have a 2010 Citroen Relay (Fiat Ducato clone) with a Bosch 250 CD radio. Unfortunately the radio display and front panel are dead and the radio is now only controllable via the steering wheel tools.

I've been offered second-hand replacement Bosch 250 CD "Fiat Number" 735 510 999 0 but currently this radio displays "CANCHECK" when powered up.

Does anyone know if the "CANCHECK" error is likely to be caused by the radio not being plugged into a "CANCHECK" enabled vehicle and would the radio likely work if swapped into my Relay? i.e. Are these radios coded to a specific vehicle VIN? If connecting it into my Relay doesn't remove the "CANCHECK" error, is it possible to remove this "CANCHECK" error?

Secondly, assuming connecting the replacement radio into my Relay removes the "CANCHECK" error, is the new radio likely to ask for a code and if so would someone be able to help me with this? I don't have the radio manual to hand but despite removing the current radio with the broken display from the van previously, I have no recollection of it ever asking for a code.

Any help or info is very much appreciated.

Hi,
assuming connecting the replacement radio into my Relay removes the "CANCHECK" error, is the new radio likely to ask for a code and if so would someone be able to help me with this? I don't have the radio manual to hand but despite removing the current radio with the broken display from the van previously, I have no recollection of it ever asking for a code.

Any help or info is very much appreciated.

Hi,
CAN is a connectivity thing through the CANBUS vehicle wiring,

YES - a new unit will NOT be ( automatically) recognised by the vans body computer,

in my experience once you get the correct CODE for the unit,
you only need to enter it once and it will then work fine,

post HERE;
https://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/85204-one-only-code-fiat-radio-thread-356.html?p=4249827

Charlie - Oxford

Hi
I have just got a Code for my radio by Davren - thx.
But i have this issue - i think more than 8-9-10 wrong codes have been tried. So i unmounted the radio, and tried to connect it to a 220V to 12V converter.
The only way i can get power to it is using pin 8 in "A" and pin 15 in "C", this is fine radio shows Radio Blocked / Wait
But the radio turns off after 20 mins.
Somebody here who knows witch pin to supply with power + and - to have the radio turned on "forever".
Connecting 2 power supply's were mentioned, but to what pins ?

look in ICE Section for the info.

Hi
I already looked there, and searched for continues power, external power supply. But most of the guides goes for assembling and wiring in the car, and adding sub and speaker.
This question goes for take out the radio and bring it into the house, powering it on, and have it powered on for more than 24 hours.
The problem for mee are the unit is powering off automatically after 20 mins.

/thx

Hi
I have just got a Code for my radio by Davren - thx.
But i have this issue - i think more than 8-9-10 wrong codes have been tried. So i unmounted the radio, and tried to connect it to a 220V to 12V converter.
The only way i can get power to it is using pin 8 in "A" and pin 15 in "C", this is fine radio shows Radio Blocked / Wait
But the radio turns off after 20 mins.
Somebody here who knows witch pin to supply with power + and - to have the radio turned on "forever".
Connecting 2 power supply's were mentioned, but to what pins ?

The power supplies and earth connection all go to connector A, not C.

You need an earth to pin 8 of connector A, and power to pins 4 and 7 of the same connector. Having power to both the permanent, and ignition fed pins should stop the radio going into 20 minute mode.

Pin 15 in connector C is the power supply out to a CD changer (if fitted) so hopefully, the radio shouldn't have been damaged by connecting power to that pin.

Attachments

• Visteon Connector  Pinouts.JPG
    Visteon Connector Pinouts.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hi Davren
Thx - for trying to help me out, I tried already adding power (+) to pin 4 & 7, and earth (-) to 8. Still the radio powers off after 20 min.
Looking on the sticker, it seems for me pin 7 are not in use (NC = not connected ?)
I also tried feeding pin 4 and the pin marked with blue, I think this pin was mentioned earlier in this thread, and oc still earth to pin 8. But same issue power off after 20 min.
I tried to ad an image here of the sticker, but I'm not allowed.

They are standard ISO connectors, so the wiring should be all the same. Connector C is only used for accessories such as external amplifier, CD changer, auxiliary input etc. There shouldn't be any power in connections there. Connector C is usually made up from 3 separate connectors, blue, green and yellow I think. Does your car have those 3 connectors fitted to the radio?

What year and model Fiat is the radio from? The numbers you posted when you asked for the code, suggest it's a Panda radio, but you said it was a Punto.

Not all puntos had the 3plug extra wires fitted

As for the radio saying wait is because it needs a minimum of 30mins ignition on to clear the timeout
The more incorrect codes = longer time outs

If its going off after 20mins it means 1 of the power feeds is missing
Ensure uts getting perm and igniton feeds
And it should keep stereo on for the timeout to clear

Ziggy

Hi
It is a Panda :)

I tried to measure with ignition on - on the cables, and it seems pin 4,6 and 7 have +12 - and pin 1 or 3 can't remember had 5V (CAN A or B)
I tried then to supply the radio with power on 4,6 and 7 - but still the radio turns off after 20 min.

I think I need to put radio back into my car, and leave the car and radio on, until the wait goes away.

Radio is back in the Panda.
Left the ignition on for about 2 hours, and radio asked for CODE.
The provided code from Davren, worked.
Thx for any help, here at fiatforum.com

Hi guy's,

I've just bought myself a Fiat Punto from 2004 with original Blaupunkt radio.

I didn't received the radio code as the seller didn't have it himself so I need to ask a little help from you...
Off course I be happy to pay for it if needed.

The serial nr is BP237546903134
The model nr is 7642375316

Hope I'll get one here :)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Belgium

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back